building a loft ??

darkknight

Wasting your money :-/ ... golly could buils a 50 footer with aivery for that  ;).

Seasoned wood is great. Lined out old Pallets are good.... just ask any factory and they will be pleased to give, even deliver for you ... it costs them to get shot off now! :D :D

Golly :o I'd just builds a wire mesh cage and cover with Air Vents / or cladding for the colder spells ... inter changing to suit the weather, and have change out of that :B... you must be wealthy is all I can say :P lol ;D

Wasting your money :-/ ... golly could buils a 50 footer with aivery for that  ;).

Seasoned wood is great. Lined out old Pallets are good.... just ask any factory and they will be pleased to give, even deliver for you ... it costs them to get shot off now! :D :D

Golly :o I'd just builds a wire mesh cage and cover with Air Vents / or cladding for the colder spells ... inter changing to suit the weather, and have change out of that :B... you must be wealthy is all I can say :P lol ;D

i cant get pallets been trying and there is no reclaimed wood yards

thats the cheapest i can do it mate  :(

it comes in time mate i started with 2 pigeons and 1 rabbit hutch and they was in there for about 4-5 months because of lack of money ect ect then i saw a cheep 10x6 pigeon loft in the paper and bougth it and now i have 2 10x6 lofts a kit of old birds and some stock pigeons, i started wanting pigeons in early 2005 just keep brouseing mate it will come in good time.

well this is the problem i have

my land lord will only let me have the pigeons IF i make the loft look good

or he will just make me take it down

only prob is that if i build the 8x4 there will be no room for separating cocks and hens

and then there is old birds and stock so i have to get it right the first time

i had thought of one big avery but then there is the floor to think about and damp

i cant put a concrete floor down he wont let me

lol im driving my self nuts  :o

Don't worry about seperating cocks and hens, or young birds. You have to adapt to what you have. All the birds stay together and you will be best flying natural. Don't worry about other systems, just enjoy your pigeons until you can expand. Dale Newcombe one of the best ever flyers in Scotland has all his birds together all year, totally natural.