distance birds how do you fly them

p charlton

many modern day distance pigeons are winning on w,hood. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but theres days where they win on natural and beat widowhood pigeons quite easily in certain weather conditions ,,,,but to plan on winning at the distance takes a few years [even with the one pigeon]  so impossible to tell the forecast in advance ,,,,natural for the distance seems more reliable [550 ,,,,600 miles ]  but the old adage goes,, a pigeon right , at the right time, and on the right day, that suits the individual pigeon ,,,thats the hard bit :)

sorry ME but my yearlings have no choice they either go across the channel or they are disposed of no sentiments on how they raced as youngbirds as it is the real deal now , but they are only raced between 260 and 360 miles after that the more experienced birds go

sorry ME but my yearlings have no choice they either go across the channel or they are disposed of no sentiments on how they raced as youngbirds as it is the real deal now , but they are only raced between 260 and 360 miles after that the more experienced birds go

260 to 360 is not long distance don't see where we are arguing here. Maybe its "me".

its not you ME  its the choice of the fancier for  yearlings its go to the first water race the best from the first  go to the second after that it is the main event SAINTES at 512 miles only ever sent yearlings once never scored in yearling season but came back at the 2yr old stage sent 4 got 1st and 2nd club also 17th and 30th fed still got birds in loft after 4 seasons

its not you ME  its the choice of the fancier for  yearlings its go to the first water race the best from the first  go to the second after that it is the main event SAINTES at 512 miles only ever sent yearlings once never scored in yearling season but came back at the 2yr old stage sent 4 got 1st and 2nd club also 17th and 30th fed still got birds in loft after 4 seasons

Yes indeed well done!

You sound a lot younger than "me".

Well said me total commonsense thats why so mant cannot fly the distance on a regular basis rushing and not letting the stock mature.A top distance flyer whos spouse and partner is on this site had a fancier visit he said after looking and talking to the flyer if i had these pigeons and flew them my way they would do much better flying them harder and more regulary .

The flyers repost if i flew them your way i wouldnt have any left he is still winning the other chap isnt and never did.

Yep agreed, any bird that can't fly 500 - 525 miles is a waste to any loft any way.

Golly in Cananda they were flying yb's over 400 miles back to back ... like many others have and some other countries still do.

But having said that, birds not trained, let alone raced till two year olds will and can do the distance with merit.

There one has the choice of what they FEEL is correct, but I feel it is more purely for themselves. Too many people - I believe - relate to the pigeon as humans, and their likes and dislikes. Yes some some things may relate as such, but a LOT lot more can't and doesn't. JMOT

Guest cloudview

iv,e  found   my  best    long  distance  birds   are  useless  at   500 miles  can,t  do  it  on  day  in  tail  winds ,   don,t   ask   me  why  i   don,t know  ,  maybe   bred  for  two  day  races   dordins  van de wegens  ,delbars  arrdens   mixed my own  blend , first   and  foremost  ,got  to be fit  to do  the  task second   love   of  home