Fishing via  basics

Guest Vic

Myself, my son, and two of my grandsons are looking forward to a days fishing, offered to us by one of  our pigeon basics members.  May I thank Pete for the invitation.  The clocks have been set for an early rise tomorrow.We can't leave too early, due to pigeon chores, (filling the  weaning pots, and may I add , medication as well.) I'll keep those interested, by my future postings. Here we go! ;D ;D    

What can I  say? Other than that we enjoyed our trip to Shropshire, via p/basics. and let me say that our host Pete is a pigeonman of the highest calibre, and a gentleman to boot. After a quick cuppa, (Before the anglers were setting up) Pete showed me around his lofty lofts. up a flight of metal stairs, some 15 ft or so above ground level. The floor is heavy metal grilling, and all droppings fall to earth level, which are used as feed for the fields each year or so. I have never ever seen a more adequate ventilation system in my life. Just Brilliant. He never encounters sikness within his family birds, which his forebears introduced 70 years before. What can I say?  Vic. More Later.  

There are still guys in this game that dont relish publicity, and by taking snaps, is "not cricket" surely? But to see the environment, this guy has, will leave the average pigeon flyer gobsmacked. "Peace Perfect Peace" with an abundance of nature thriving around his domain. Birds such as Buzards, Snipes, Curlews, Herons

and many more ,we recognised, in this so short a visit. Yes! He lives in "The Sticks" as townies utter with an air of contempt. But surely the Mersey is the "Styx" for them that don't understand. Goodnight, Vic. ;)      

thanks for the nice comments vic . by the way vic i was not joking when i said thet you also see lots of naked  birds on the canal boats that pass my loft . luckily they only distract me during the summer months {race time} thats why ive bought myself a ETS . have you ever heard of a better excuse ? bet i dont miss many this year

thanks for the nice comments vic . by the way vic i was not joking when i said thet you also see lots of naked  birds on the canal boats that pass my loft . luckily they only distract me during the summer months {race time} thats why ive bought myself a ETS . have you ever heard of a better excuse ? bet i dont miss many this year

;D ;D ;D ;Yes Pete. There are birds and birds as we all know, but to overlook a  steady flow of page threes,cruising without their nicks, in the sticks! ETS is a must surely?

I, and my fellow anglers,enjoyed ourselves immensely, and  hope that we can return in the summer ahead.  You are a gent, Vic.   Ill be in touch. :)

vic tell your grandson i have just had 200 rainbow trout put in the pond about 9 inches long so should be even better fishing

I certainly will Pete, Cheers. Vic.