pest control

pault

They get at least £1 each to restaurants, a stray catcher I knew used to fill the freezer and then they would go of to france. Most were ferels but any unwanted rung birds also went in.

We used to get £5 a bird from the University as they use the livers.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a bone of contention for a few years now. You will have to pay, or get banned, simple as that. EVERY THING THINKABLE HAS BEEN TRIED, but he operates within the framework of the RPRA, and as such they have to back him. Besides the alternatives in the eyes of Joe Public would cost the fancy a lot more. He use to get £25 a throw, so guess we are lucky... :-/

yes its not a bad price but think about it if some one catches a bird in thay call us up we talk and ask them to kill it for us we can get taken to the center for it but the rpra is sending his letters out saying for £5 plus tax thay will kill it so why are thay sending is letters out we can not take them to the center for it some think to think about

what i would do is go to your local police and say that the bird in question was stolen from your loft and the person that has got it now  you belive he has perchased it to make money out of you .the police will have to charge him or advise him to give you your property back ,but dont pay any money to any body .leave it in the hands of the law .and i bet you get it back other wise the police will be seen to let people sell stolen goods back to the owners.then the stray catchers can be put out of buisness if every one said the same .

hi all

i have had a letter though the rpra about 1 of my birds been found by a pest controller in the letter from the rpra it says refer rule 116 i can ask the pest controller to dispose of it but in the letter from the rpra there is a form from the pest people sating i must send the £5.00 plus vat

but in the rules it says nothing about this has any one had this happen to them and how did they go on

by the way the all my birds carry id rings so i dont know why the rpra got involved and the pest people did not just phone me

Got the same letter. PIGEON HELD TO RANSOM phoned the MOBILE number and was told the £5 was for the girls for the paperwork. (i report a couple of birds a week what paperwork?). also told me that they would sort out deliverey. which i dont need. ive got the phamtom flyer picking another one just down the road. gave him a few choose words and told him to have my bird ready for collection. i will have to pay the fiver but if i thought the bird would be ok to get home. different story. this is wrong should not be allowed to happen, what can be done to stop this.

Think this must be MR.Gollings he as been doing this for years,started out with nothing now as a house and a corn business,just do as it says on the paperwork as this guy as got this business all above board,you can get in serious trouble with the RPRA and the law if you dont.

Guest chrisss

i think you have to claim the bird back mate ,or make other arrangements,its your bird, and as far as the "rules" say you have got to get it back regardless,i might be wrong about it who knows?, i also noticed that any extra monies raised goes to cancer research,its on the bottom,if thats true,then they are legit,how ever much we all hate stray catchers

Guest peter.j

well theres a new kid on the block lets get the new gm to change the rules if scum like pest controller cant make money on us he wont do it and fanciers wont give them to him , if anybody is expelled from the association for non compliance everybody should back them and refuse to send birds racing for a week or two after all its a BUSINESS not a SPORT the loss of revenue would make them see sense

well theres a new kid on the block lets get the new gm to change the rules if scum like pest controller cant make money on us he wont do it and fanciers wont give them to him , if anybody is expelled from the association for non compliance everybody should back them and refuse to send birds racing for a week or two after all its a BUSINESS not a SPORT the loss of revenue would make them see sense

Believe me you wont get the better of this guy he as been operating for over 30 years and as I posted before he is all above board,many people have tryed and come off the worse.

Guest peter.j

well if he ever gets one of mine ill take the fiver to him personally and ask to watch the vet cull it,if he disagrees ill do it myself and charge him a tenner