october at the loft and birds

jimmy white

on the three good days we had [in about a year ;D] ive scraped the loft from top to bottom, scrubbed the loft with virkon s ,, feeding a higher protein mix, and some seeds , [until the last flight is properly grown ]  theve been out every day and had a clean bath in front of them at all times ive also sprayed the birds with dio-sect,  

feeding them once a day as i work shifts and only go once a day just now but they are getting sedochol on the feeding twice a week and now they are getting buttermilk in the drinker aswell twice a week

ps..i've stopped the cod liver oil for now....

on the three good days we had [in about a year ;D] ive scraped the loft from top to bottom, scrubbed the loft with virkon s ,, feeding a higher protein mix, and some seeds , [until the last flight is properly grown ]  theve been out every day and had a clean bath in front of them at all times ive also sprayed the birds with dio-sect,  

cleaned from top to bottom and sprayed with jeyes fluid even got the hoover out

well am building my widowhood boxes next week , birds are moulting well birds are getting alot of protein and linseed with pigeon tea and garlic for 3 days , a warm bath be put in twice a week my birds are locked up for the winter. As soon as boxes made will split stock and ybs , once through moult ill be taking a trip to vets to get tested in preperation to pairing. Then its deciding the pairings for next season.

Guest REDFOXKRAUTHS

got alot to do half way there picked what birds im keeping for next year as i hate doing it after the moult as i want to keep them all because of there looks (even the rubbish look great!), at least in the moult i do pick the ons that have done some thing!

A lick of paint, replaceing any thing that needs to be, and also washing the nest boxes!!!

BUSY!

Guest cloudview

painted mine last week  while it was warm  used  sadolin    magogany  , bit pricey  27 pound for 2 and a half liters  but well worth it  loft looks like new now , definitly worth spending that bit extra on , as for sorting birds out , well mr english channel has done that for me

Going to paint the front of the old bird and stock loft today ( back and sides are covered in plastic sheeting as i'm on an allotment and the side and back of the lofts get battered by rain during wither so covered it about 3 years ago and no more problems  ;) ) seen as the weathers so good today ;)

october for us is about getting the birds through their moult.. the darkness young birds are now falling apart and they are having 2 baths a week and plenty of oil and seed to eat.. all the stock are parted and are living in avieries until december regardless of the weather.. our lofts will be sprayed in november and all the nest bowls cleaned with bleach.. we are now trying to sort out the breeding pairs,, they will be paired on the 10th december..

We have allready converted one small loft from a racing loft to a distance stock loft.. this will house 7 pairs of distance birds.. the young from here will have an easy ride until 2 years old then they will get the full treatment..

goodluck all have a great moult and breeding

ant

Just moved youngbird shed to back of garden and knocked down oldbird shed moved it and rebuilt it just need to finish the inside now.

All birds are in youngbird shed for the moment most are falling to bits in the moult but a few of this years youngster have yet to drop a feather.Between work and shed building its gonna be tight getting a december pairing still lets get through the moult first then we can reasses the situation i will split all the birds when the old bird shed is finished dunno if this is a good idea or not but time will tell.

Also got the garden to level out and returf patio to lay and Plants to plant .Bloody hell i sound so domesticated .

Guest Grasshopper Lofts

all my birds are togeather at the moment not ideal but have knocked loft down and im rebuilding a 20 footer hope to be completed in the next few months birds are moulting great and all seem healthy

Guest Grasshopper Lofts
all im doing is painting my new loft in sadolin..then im of to scarbourgh to see my m8 oldyellow to pick my systam up and get loads of advice of this champion so i can kick *expletive removed* next year.. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

lol i was there yesterday advice is second to none great guy

just got 4 darkness yb,s,, on their third flight,, now giving buttermilk in their water,, done this last year,,, birds moulted out very qiuick .

also, allthough i put clean water in regularly,, and wash the water dishes  , i was shocked at the domed drinker i use in one section  [the one you fill then fit to drinker then  turn up side down ] i put my hand inside the dome and felt the slime,,  ,, dug the old ordinary drinkers out,, bleached them , dried them , using them now :),,,[used the dome one when i was in hosp, but never changed it back, only handy if away for  a couple of days]

just got 4 darkness yb,s,, on their third flight,, now giving buttermilk in their water,, done this last year,,, birds moulted out very qiuick .

also, allthough i put clean water in regularly,, and wash the water dishes  , i was shocked at the domed drinker i use in one section  [the one you fill then fit to drinker then  turn up side down ] i put my hand inside the dome and felt the slime,,  ,, dug the old ordinary drinkers out,, bleached them , dried them , using them now :),,,[used the dome one when i was in hosp, but never changed it back, only handy if away for  a couple of days]

Why not just bleach the dome ones, turn them upside down and fill them up, leave for a couple of days and rinse :)

Why do you keep birds on darkness if you no longer race birds

Why not just bleach the dome ones, turn them upside down and fill them up, leave for a couple of days and rinse :)

Why do you keep birds on darkness if you no longer race birds

[1] cause you tend not to change the water every day :) these are for lazy folk

[2] i dont keep birds on the darkness,, and never said i did  ;D

[1] cause you tend not to change the water every day :) these are for lazy folk

[2] i dont keep birds on the darkness,, and never said i did  ;D

Sorry my mistake

Chickadee changes the water in her dome drinkers every day and bleaches them once a week :)