Without Predudice : Buyers Beware !!!!!

OLDYELLOW

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your message.

The RPRA is primarily concerned with the sport of racing and showing homing pigeons. On the face of it, your complaint is about a commercial transaction involving a private sale/auction. If you cannot get satisfaction from the auctioneer then you might want to consult Trading Standards in your local area or the citizens’ advice bureau. However, in my experience these disputes are best resolved between the parties.

I hope that this is helpful.

David Bills

General Manager

Toothless wonders!

my second reply as follows

Hi

David

As this matter regards three members of my union it is clearly a union matter that's what i pay my union fees for , it is clear that the sale is in breach of contract which i had completed , the minmum i would expect to happen is that this bird in question ring number be stopped been transferred to anyone else as technicaly my property , therefore a breach of rules has been made , to let this go un noticed and to have this man get away with fraud is totally wrong , i am on various internet sites and have a strong following and they all assume that this is exactly what we pay are union fees for , i  look forward to your reply

Yours in sport

Mark Kettlestring

Hmm makes me think.I bought a bird from an auction site two year ago and the guy said he would put the hen with it.I asked auctioneer to collect birds for me as he was there that night .I paid the auctioneer for the birds when i picked them up next day.He told me how the hen was outstanding and him and his friends all agreed it was the best violet eye they had seen.I said my thanks and farewells and took my birds and of i went happy as larry.

When i got home i had missed two calls from auctioneer asking to ring him back urgently.Anyway to cut a story short he wanted the hen back as he said it was a mistake and wasnt meant to have been sold when i told him it was advertised with the cock he said it was a mistake and all history from the site was removed.Thing was i had the birds allready so the auctioneer said i could have a young hen from his stock loft for return of the hen.Now i didnt buy the hen of auctioneer so why was he offering me one of his birds? All smell's fishy to me i wont name names but needless to say i wont buy of the net again unless i meet seller first.I still have the hen but i lost the cock when i moved house and someone let my stockbirds out(luckily she was in other shed at the time).

I think its time the whole pigeon fraternity got together and made the RPRA accountable for their resposibilities and that is to represent us, the very people who make it possible for them to exist by paying our dues etc

I have no interest in the site itself, or anything to do with this case.  However, as I see it, the breach of contract is between the seller (owner of the bird), and the prospective buyer.  The buyer has agreed to sell to the highest bidder, and failure to honour that obligation is laid firmly at his feet.  The auctioneer is merely a conduit through which a sale is agreed.  In the case of a dispute, I would expect the auctioneer to confirm that the agrieved party is the highest bidder (if that is fact), but his legal responsibilities end there don't they?

there supposed to take the money and give details  of where birds located then its between seller and new owner but he did not follow the sale through so they are responsible for the sale not goibng through therefore liable to prosicution as it is at best fraud , and a breach of contract as the auction had ended and i was comfirmed as the winner.

tell me the name of the web page and i will put it up on my page

3 posts then breaking rules??  cant put website on,,read rules

old yellow handling this in the  best way ,, really shocking way to treat anyone,, go for it old yellow ,,and never give up,, best of luck  [really annoying when anyone gets the likes of that ]

People that are found to be treating its customers like this shouldnt be a member of the R.P.R.A as there frauds and the man at the top of the union wants to deal with it i wont let this be tossed as side i pay my fees i have acted in good faith . If there  fraudulent in there work surely any other enterprize could be equaly corrupt .

Letter to the Racing pigeon :

hi there , i would like to compile a letter in which the story starts with me buying a bird at auction , i was the winning bidder of this pigeon and yet the auctioneer wouldn't release the pigeon to me and sent my cheques back thus creating a breach of contract , i contacted The Reddings General Manager who wrote me a reply :

Dear Mr. Kettlestring,

Thank you for your message.

The RPRA is primarily concerned with the sport of racing and showing homing pigeons. On the face of it, your complaint is about a commercial transaction involving a private sale/auction. If you cannot get satisfaction from the auctioneer then you might want to consult Trading Standards in your local area or the citizens’ advice bureau. However, in my experience these disputes are best resolved between the parties.

I hope that this is helpful.

David Bills

General Manager

The Royal Pigeon Racing Association

The Reddings

near Cheltenham

Glos GL51 6RN

tel 01452 713529

DDI 01452 858240

mobile 07816 386610

I then sent another letter as follows :

Hi

David

As this matter regards three members of my union it is clearly a union matter that's what i pay my union fees for , it is clear that the sale is in breach of contract which i had completed , the minmum i would expect to happen is that this bird in question ring number be stopped been transferred to anyone else as technicaly my property , therefore a breach of rules has been made , to let this go un noticed and to have this man get away with fraud is totally wrong , i am on various internet sites and have a strong following and they all assume that this is exactly what we pay are union fees for , i  look forward to your reply

Yours in sport

Mark Kettlestring

After having no reply i have sent a further message

I have not yet received a reply to my last email regarding the fraudulent actions of a union member , i shall be taking this up with the Editor of The Racing Pigeon , and let the rest of the fancy know that there union is failing them by protecting these con men .

Yours in sport

Mark Kettlestring

As a independant paper  i would like the fancy to know the union they pay there fees for do nothing to protect its members from fraudsters actually there protecting them by doing nothing , If you require any further information ectra , please get in contact the man involved in this is a scribe for there magazine the B.H.W

Yours in sport

Mark Kettlestring

Did the cheque get returned to you after you informed them the bird would not be released? The seller is firstly at fault and should not be allowed to sell on that site anymore or for a period of time etc. Bad form if the bird did not make what he wanted he should have put a reserve on it.

If because the bird was not released by the seller and the site returned the cheque in that order etc I can not see how the site can be at fault at the begining but the way it conducts itself with that seler after is.

How did the cheque get returned etc