be carefull when selling pigeons

markswhitedoves

hi all, just to say to all in the selby North yorks erea, dont sell your birds at the local auctions there is a guy going round them buying them for dog training,i found out because i thought he and his lad wanted to start racing pigeons and was going to give them some,it wasnt untill i asked a question or two i found out, well thats all i going to say about it but guys please dont sell your birds at these auctions,

welcome to you. it dont mater what you or other say your not going to stop any bird auctions no mater what sorry to say that but thats the way it is

True i know at Melton the Indian community snap alot of the pigeons up to curry and dont care for the welfare breaking wings etc when basketing.

Sorry but true stopping cruelty is near enough impossible especially with pigeons which most including the RSPCA consider vermin.

s.s.p.c.a or r.s.p.c.a to be told then something will be done

RSPCA were at melton as inspectors - They dont care about pigeons as they are not something the public have affection for and as such not something the public would donate towards saving.

Drown a cat though and watch them at you lol  :)

s.s.p.c.a or r.s.p.c.a to be told then something will be done
;D ;D ;D ;D

That must at least tie - more likely win though - as the joke of the centuary.

Granted you will see them shaking their tins etc. just after a 'Media spread etc. But don't ever bother to waste the cost of a phone call if you need a help in any way... Understaffed, too far away etc. meaning 'No money or fame for me...'

i can put this on here as its true and was on all nat news     back 10years ago the rspca were notified of large number small breeding bitches were at farm kept in small wire cages they were not intrested they recaived over 8 calls including from postman   then someone went to local paper who attended adress to find noone home he the reporter opened door of caravan to find 33 bitches in cages he took photos and then involved police then rspca in program rspca claimed noone had reported it to them ever yet took all the glorey on tel for doing nothing they then used video of collection to raise money for dog kennels its all a sham were were dogs most put down as unsuitable for homing ;D ;D ;D ;D

the sspca act on one phone call regardless i know i did some work for them years ago pigeon man moves house birds come back to old house sspca catch pigeons after countless trys and found homes for most. year 1996 year befour i started to race birds

Like I say, asked the RSPCA times for things... see them watching cruelty at the markets etc. One Sunday morning a dog wit week old pups left whilst the owners went on their Holidays. Told them, as they were interested and couldn't do oat I was kicking the back door. They informed the police. i inform Rorke Garfield. He told me not to and let him. The RSPCA did turn up with the police to areest me if I broke in. Rorke kicked the door in. a bowl of empty water and a load of food splattered about. Rouke took them. RSPCA wanted the police to press charges as to these whipper snapper etc. and set an example. Nothing was ever heard of again. Though the local rag did take pictures.

rattle changes and they come out the wood work. ASK for help and there is a list prepare why they can't waste money...

I know many won't agree with this but i know of a few dog trainers who keep small lofts of pigeons for training purposes.

They train gun dogs!

The pigeons, many racers etc are looked after and free fly as the trainers want to keep re-using them. They use release traps which humanly release the pigeons upwards to train the dogs not to chase them, they then fly back to there lofts for use again.

Non of the birds are hurt by the dogs as the dogs do not get close enough to catch them.

My parents help at the GYA gamefairs and use there race team for the demonstrations and for the gundog trials do you think they would if any were likely to get harmed?

Don't jump to conclusions on this as it could easily be a genuine trainer.

Sorry just need to put the other side.

Phil

hi all, just to say to all in the selby North yorks erea, dont sell your birds at the local auctions there is a guy going round them buying them for dog training,i found out because i thought he and his lad wanted to start racing pigeons and was going to give them some,it wasnt untill i asked a question or two i found out, well thats all i going to say about it but guys please dont sell your birds at these auctions,

at melton mowbray,,,,,the hawk men buy the birmingham rollers as there easy to train a hawk to catch as there slow,,,,that one is true too !!!!

Guest challengerlofts

just wonder, animals expert/veterinary/doctor, discovered theres an illness you can get from the Pigeons known as Pigeon Lung Cancer. while, theres no say anything about the cats hair, that isn't good for those asthmatic.

hi mate   you dont say what sort of dog training  ?    

dog hunting he clips the wings let them out on the ground and let the dogs catch them, thats what i was told when i made the my phone calls and this came from 3 different people

anyhow  i dont come on these sites much just wanted to worn people i know we cant stop it but if we know this is going on at the auctions and we still sell our birds there this makes us as bad as them,so if there is no pigeons at the sales to buy then we win,

Training Gun Dogs,there is never a kill involved,they are trained (to set,bird) on command to (flush birds) and to (retrieve birds) in which the dog being soft mouthed will,retrieve without breaking or bruising,these birds in most instances are for human consumption,they are never ever trained to kill or maim,this would be contrary to proper gun dog training,all species.