Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the ring year on each pigeon is as follows

A1 1996 Jan Aarden

A2 2007 Nobby Henly x Wildermesch

A3 2004 Hartog

A4 2007 Janssen x Van Reet

A5 2003 V D Wegen x Van Geel

Thought that was a bit of fun, and I think the most right was two (?), if you had more I missed it.

I think I’ll run this again but next time there will be a winner whatever happens, this is what I plan.

Now I have some surplus stock I am going to put them up as the 1st prize . Many will have seen I sold quite a few recently and some of the prices were disappointing for me. Rather than sell them for a song, I would rather give them away, or better still try and put some money into Phoebe’s fund. I have 4 Hartog’s surplus, they were due for the stock loft but some birds became available last week that I could not say no to and I have no room for these they are very good bloodlines two old birds a cock and hen and I know the hen has bred some good pigeons and two l/b I only bought from Malone Bros a month or so back. The old cock (03) is out of the Big Lad x Golden Gal out of Bull Head and Golden Eyes (no1 stock pair for Mr Gerard, I think?), the hen (04) is out of Blue Gold out of the 388 and Blue Orleans, the 388 bred over 250 x 1st as I understand. The latebreds can be seen at http://forum.pigeonbasics.com/m-1221640846/ they are Lot 12. You can see these are very well bred.

I intend posting some more pigeon pics in the next few days and will ask you again to guess the year of the ring, please be specific e.g. state 2007 not yearling, 2003 not 5 (no catches the year of the ring will be the year of birth).

What is the cost of entry well it’s up to you and I hope everyone will take this in the spirit it is intended, I would like to suggest a £5 donation to Phoebe’s fund as a norm, if you can afford more then please give and if you genuinely can’t a pound will be fine, have a go, your go will still be counted. It’s a bit like the requests on Radio 2 for Children in need, the amount pledged is not so important as you pledge what you can. Only one go per pigeonbasics identity.

The runner up prize will be a pair from my stock loft and the third prize a pair from my race section. However I do not mate up until the end of Feb/ beginning of March so they will be later but in time for YB racing. Winners choice, the only pair not available is the pair out of yearling cock 17 they are promised to a friend.

If Ally Mac agrees all money should be sent direct to him and to ensure fairness I will pm the webmaster with the years of rings shortly after posting.

It may be that no one will get them all right; like the lottery the one with the most right will win, if it is equal, then we will count back and out of those the one with the nearest miss will win. Any dispute and my decision is final. Any comments suggestions as to how I can improve this to make more money for Pheobe are  welcome but I want it to be inclusive so everyone who wants to can have a go.

Finally just to show perhaps the quality of stock I think I have I attach a pic of a pigeon I am gifting to a good friend. You will have seen the Van Hee cock I sold and many commented in pm to me what a beaut he looked. Well the cock below I can’t find room for in my stock loft either, as i said before I have some very good 550/600 mile cocks but not the hens. This cock bred two yearlings this year one flew Tarbes 556 miles next morning would have been about 20/22 section if I’d taken my clock back out and a 3rd at Marmande 473 mile for Henry my former partner. He is a Vandy bought from Jimmy Anderson no pedigree and unrung!  But a lovely cock.

I’ve belted this out in the last half hour or so hope it makes sense!!