champion 1 loft race 2009

supersonic steptoe

CHAMPION 1 LOFT RACE 2009

RULES & ENTRY FORM

Race Organiser is Neil Steptoe, 66 Coldshot Holland, Oxted Surrery RH8 9BJ, 07769 794977.

Race limited to 120 birds, at a cost of £100.00 per bird, maximum of 2 birds per entrant. First come first served. A £25.00 deposit secures your place, you can choose to pay in instalments, final payments must be received by the 15th March.

If full payment is not received by this date the entry will be cancelled and the deposit will be non refundable.

Birds will be accepted from the 1st to the 30th April, birds can be replaced until the 15th of May in the event of a flyaway or illness/death. Birds to be 25 to 40 days old. All entrants must be delivered with a pedigree and transfer form. Birds will be vaccinated after at the lofts.

Birds will be put onto darkness until the 20th June, when private training only will commence.

There will be two races with the London and South East Classic Club, usually Guernsey 165 miles race dates to be confirmed approximately mid August and early September.

Prize pool will be £11,000 assuming a full entry, this will be split as follows, for each of the two races;

1st     Â£2,250, 2nd £1,000 3rd, £750, 4th £500, 5th £250 6th to 10th £100

There will be an ace pigeon prize of £500 for the bird that completes both races in the shortest time.

Any prizemoney won in the London & SECC will also go to the breeder of the bird.

Following the two races there may be the opportunity for entrants with birds remaining to activate them to compete in the Tours race held at the end of September. The estimated cost will be £50.00 per bird, prizemoney after costs will be split as follows; 1st 40%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 15%, 4th 10% 5th 5% 6th to 10th 2%.

If the race is not full the prizemoney will be reduced pro-rata dependant on the number of entrants.

After the races the remaining birds will be auctioned, the proceeds after auction expenses will be split as follows 40% organiser, 40% breeder, 20% treasurer. No birds will leave the lofts until payment has been received/cleared. If no pedigree is supplied the breeder will not receive their share.

All of the birds will be stamped with Neil’s number, however if any lost birds need to be repatriated to the lofts, this will be the responsibility and at the expense of the breeder.

Each race will close at 220 yards per minute.

Any issue not covered by these rules will be dealt with at the discretion of the race organiser.

So there we have it, can you breed us a bird that can not only win a one loft race but a classic also????????????

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

If you wish to enter the Champion One loft race 2009, please complete the form below and return with a deposit of £25.00, or full payment if you wish.

Cheques to be made payable to Mr P Stokes.

Send to

AbacusOne Financial Services LTD

51E Main Street

Broughton Astley

Leicester

LE9 6RE

I/We wish to enter …. Bird/s into the Champion One Loft Race 2009, I enclose a deposit of £25.00 for each bird, and can confirm I/We have read the rules above.

Signed                         â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.

Full Name                         â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.

Full Address                         â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.

â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.

Postcode                         â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.

Telephone Numbers

Home                              â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.

Mobile                         â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.

Email Address                    â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.

User ID on pigeonchat               â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.

or Pigeonbasics

Cheques Payable to               â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TAMMY_1

by this do you mean any bird been reported , you are not willing to pay for the return of the said bird to your loft??

That's exactly what it means, you would be responsible to get the bird back to the loft , we have decided we will not be entering any more one loft races in the future regardless of who is organising them

Guest slugmonkey

I am interested, will I be able to get birds there I would like to see how my birds do over there I am in the U.S. and will need a quarintine station does anyone know where I can ship ?????

Guest slugmonkey

These are standard practices in most U.S. one loft races the " treasurer " is auction and photographic fees and listing fees these have to be paid in most reputable auctions

Guest paulrstokes

Hi Guys

Firstly I am the "treasurer" and am simply helping Neil out with the admin and looking after the funds, Neil wanted to concentrate on the birds and wanted someone to help with the banking side of things.

I appreciate this has raised some questions, and whatever style of one loft race you will not please everyone.

One of the main points raised on the thread is the returning of birds, many other one loft races take car of this side of things, however what I would like to point out is the margins on this race.

If the race is full then we have a fund of £12,000, of this almost 90% is being paid out.

Therefore Neil is taking a total of £1,000 to pay for the following

Racing, Training, feeding, vaccine, race entry into the London and SCC, Unikon Rings.

I am sure when you take this into account you can understand why we are asking the breeder to rtake responsability to have the bird returned.

I appreciate this may be different to some one loft races but would suggest they may take larger margins.  

Guest paulrstokes

I am interested, will I be able to get birds there I would like to see how my birds do over there I am in the U.S. and will need a quarintine station does anyone know where I can ship ?????

Slugmonkey, I do not have a clue about shipping and quarantine, anyone have any suggestions??

how do other one loft races return there lost birds

or do they take a bigger cut to cover this cost?

THE WINNER OF P/CHAT RACE  COLLECTED HIS OWN BIRD FROM ORMSKIRK PLUS ANOTHER, I MYSELF COLLECTED A BIRD OF CHUDAMAS WITH NOT EVEN A THANKS OF THE MAN AND I COLLECTED 1 FROM NOTTINGHAM FOR A TOP GUY MR HOLT.....MOST WERE REPATRIATED VIA SITE MEMBERS HELP.......

yup you are only allowed to race birds in the name of owner which would be one loft and rules state you have to collect  , think this needs to go back to the drawing board , i cant see £1000 be enough to cover all costs , you could fine people for stray birds ;)

After the races the remaining birds will be auctioned, the proceeds after auction expenses will be split as follows 40% organiser, 40% breeder, 20% treasurer. No birds will leave the lofts until payment has been received/cleared. If no pedigree is supplied the breeder will not receive their share

If the organisers are RPRA members they are responsible for the return of any lost birds at there expense or risk suspension!

Carl also points out that the organisers will get more that £1000 to run the race, if 50% make it to the sale sold for an average of £40 the organiser will get another £960 and the treasurer gets £480 to look after the money.

Think somebody needs to rethink the costs and rules!

Phil

Well that looks like everything has been covered from needle to thread. All to say for my part is good luck to this gentleman, there is no doubt huge demand for these type of races, must admit I'm not a great fan myself because I think they will be the demise of local racing in many parts of the country.

Guest slugmonkey

Thank You

Expecting the Handler to pay shipping fees to get a lost bird back to a money race is a bit much don't you think

If you want to really point a finger about one loft races do a little math on the Sun City African Race !!!

You should research the Mardis Races ( continental Breeding Station ) and the World Ace Challenge this guy's race dosent sound too far off base to me

Now the 64 dollar question I don't know this guy and I see he only has 2 posts does anyone on here know him is he reputable and is he capable of winning the Tours race I would like to race this but I am used to getting ripped off on these type of deals ( NOT CHATRACE his race was very good and he did a honest job !!!) I would love to race Tours but I would like to have a chance at winning it, not just sending birds for the sake of sending birds

Guest slugmonkey

and now another Question it isnt that much more to pay Quarintine on 5 or 6 birds would any of you hotshot national fliers like to fly a couple of my birds ??? PM me if interested I would certainly entertain the idea of shipping a few extras for the right handlers please PM me and I will give details and pedigree information

Slugmonkey, you wouldn't go far wrong in asking lightening on here (Mark & Clare) to test them in the nationals for you. They are in a good position and put up some very good performances last year with yearlings having moved to there new house. They also have a very good setup!

Phil

hi everybody im neil steptoe firstly lets look at costs

£300 race entry fees

£132 ets rings

£200 food allowing 1 bag per week to feed 120 birds

£180 transfers

£40 canker  , worm ,lice treatment

£40 vaccine

as you can see this is about 900 pounds the rest will be taken up by postage, dropping tests etc. i will not be taking any money from entry fees nor will treasurer,this race has £11,000

PRIZE FUND from 12,000 entrance fees i challenge anyone to come even half way to this with any other one loft race .