champion 1 loft race 2009

supersonic steptoe

this race started as an idea to give 1 loft entrants a race thats cheap enough to enter but enough money to make it worthwhile, with limited space only 36 ft x 9 ft loft this was difficult

being limited to 120 birds (i would suggest these birds have more room than most one loft birds)however i think we have acheived this .regarding reported birds of course im responsible for them if they are in my name and i would have to send for them if reported .

wat to do next now all funds are either taken in prize money or management costs surely you can understand we must now claim repatriation costs to reenter bird for races?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now on to some of my results these ar a few off top of my head will post more when i have details ybs only

1989 2nd open nfc and car

1987 7th open nfc

2004 1st and 2nd open london &secc

2003 1st section london&secc 10th open

2007 1st sec 6th open london&secc

2008 1st sec 20th open london&secc

2008 in    top 20 nfc

2008 3rd and 4th smt combine

sorry mate but not being to personal as i dont know you but you are nuts if you exspect peaple to put birds into your idea i could be wrong but somehow dont think i am now if you stated you will be takeing sum to run this then that makes sense but in this world you get nowt for nowt and it seems youer saying you are giving something but want nowt   :-/ :-/

or put it like this i have a raffle going at 2quid a time the prize is new bently turbo value 174000 now boys you can buy as many tickets as you like im not takeing penny but if you sell car i get 40percent of money do you honestly think peaple will buy tickets for raffleNOCHANCE IN THIS WORLD   sorry mate but i like to be honest

its a crazy world you try and put somthing into the sport and that is the comments you recieve ,this race is only happening this year because of change in circumstances ,i race in partnership with my dad our race birds are at his house  which is in  same street as mine, about 3 months ago my dad was going to move so i put up a new loft at my house ready to move our race birds .since then my dad has changed his mind about moving so new loft wont be used .

yes and thats fair 40percent but lets remmber its 12000 going were who to who are you now if i said im doing same as you there are hundreds on here and they know me and were i live fly can i be trusted ;) ;) ;D  youerself we know nothing you just come on posted thats it and seem annoyed at common sense from me sorry if it insults you but well

Guest slugmonkey

I am still interested I have spent a lot more on a lot less !!!

He seems to throw his name out there with little regard for who is checking it out I think he might actually be honest---

You say above that you ralise now you will have to arrange return of any birds and then claim cost from the breeder. What will you do if the breeder refuses to pay the carriage fee etc?

I would love to run a one loft race, I wouldn't need to do any breeding, keep any stock birds, feed and clean all winter etc. Then in the spring sudenly have a loft full of lovely squeakers to train and race then get rid of them before winter comes again.

If I did i wouldn't want 40% of the sale price, yes something to cover feed etc but that would be all, why, well if they were my own birds i'd be paying for the food, fuel, medication, entry fees etc out of my pocket and fairly sure there would be little or no profit at the end of the season! I would just get great pleasure out of seeing the birds win and perform!

Phil

the bird in question would not be sent to races unless paid for.

regarding the rest of comments i will still be racing my own birds this would be extra on top of breeding training keeping in winter etc . so you think you would do all this 4 nowt i dont think so? most people have commented on how little i will be taking not believing it ,you are

now saying i expect too much ,can see im not going to win this one .

maybe this is just too good to be true but if you all miss this oportunity it will be your loss not mine . regards  neil