list of dodgy pigeon sellers for novices

there are a few hints i like to follow

to trust the man is the main thing

its all about info there is the mags Internet find out is he wining look at results and if others r winning too with his birds

u will find most top racers are decent pll if u can find a top man in a small backyard so he doesn't have room to just throw birds to one side to breed youngers to sell the better

when i restarted a few year ago i got birds from a real top winning strain in belgium  could only afford a few pairs they were real pricey so to top up with birds i got a few off Louella they arrived in perfect condition and not only that they beat the living daylights out the birds i paid ed a fortune for and u would believe what the strain was if i told u so what i done was did my homework for a year and bought birds that were winning in a few different locations and these are up and coming new strain best decision i ever made as regards bad sellers u can get most info on the net now forums like this and id stay away from the small wheeler dealers types u know the kind i call them dell boys[only fools and horses] another thing that u will find is that pll will put results down to different birds in there loft lets say a owner bought birds for there names i.e what on the peds and these are not the birds they are winning with but they put the results to the birds with the big names

so what i try to look for is small loft living in a bad location a man don't have to have loads of firsts to have top results look at location the most important thing and if he has a small loft he cant afford to keep what he thinks is a load of crap

id also in most cases buy late breeds or younger's as the person that selling them don't know how good or bad they are as breeders but if he only keeps very few birds he must think something of the parents

one more point in most cases when pll are constantly advertising there birds  this can be a bad sign too have seen it even on this site

i know  bit off the point in some cases but i feel its a valid post as soon we are coming into crazy pigeon buying time  so if a few newcomers read this i feel this will make them stop and think

i hope

good post that full of good advise,why did you not post that about a week ago? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D,altough most of it is a bit of the old "common" in my case i forgot the rule if it looks to good to be true it is

I have seen lofts that many would describe as atrocious and they contained some of the best pigeons I have ever seen and ive seen 30 grand Petron lofts full of rubbish ..Hardly a fair way to list someone on your "blacklist"

I'm going to nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand because it seems a few of you are keen to try and pick a fight with me which isn't going to happen.

What I was suggesting was not to 'police' as you put it, but that it might be a good idea for couriers to give people feedback to fanciers who otherwise might not get it for a wide range of reasons.   Lots of people buy blind off the internet so a service like this could be a great help for them don't you think?  The thought of a courier policing the fancier is ridiculous and the last thing in the world I'd ever want to do is be judge and jury and list someone publicly as a bad fancier, the reason why?   If I ever had to go to that level then they wouldn't be fanciers, they'd be rogue traders who use the viel of the internet to ply their trade and truth be known I'd probably name then and do us all a favour.

For what its worth Ian, I agree with you, some of the biggest and fanciest looking outfits might well be some of the worst breeders because they do it on mass with little care for the pigeon, whereas the small guy who pays more attention to detail with just a few birds but might not have the time or ability to keep prestine lofts would probably be someone I'd recommend over any of the big players.  

It never hurts to throw in ideas into the melting pot and get reactions from people, and if you pick through the bitching you get some really valuable points and definately learn things, which can never be a bad thing.  Lets keep debates as just that, and not into slangfests, its good discussions with the ability to agree to disagree on certain things that will help a forum and fancying in general move forward as we all learn from each other.   :)

Jamie

it wasent wrote for a old pro like yourself chriss  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D the old is right mate thats for sure,as for the rest i fell for it hook ,line and sinker,there are far older wiser and frankly far better guys than me been caught out by this guy,and guys like him

I'm going to nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand because it seems a few of you are keen to try and pick a fight with me which isn't going to happen.

What I was suggesting was not to 'police' as you put it, but that it might be a good idea for couriers to give people feedback to fanciers who otherwise might not get it for a wide range of reasons.   Lots of people buy blind off the internet so a service like this could be a great help for them don't you think?  The thought of a courier policing the fancier is ridiculous and the last thing in the world I'd ever want to do is be judge and jury and list someone publicly as a bad fancier, the reason why?   If I ever had to go to that level then they wouldn't be fanciers, they'd be rogue traders who use the viel of the internet to ply their trade and truth be known I'd probably name then and do us all a favour.

For what its worth Ian, I agree with you, some of the biggest and fanciest looking outfits might well be some of the worst breeders because they do it on mass with little care for the pigeon, whereas the small guy who pays more attention to detail with just a few birds but might not have the time or ability to keep prestine lofts would probably be someone I'd recommend over any of the big players.  

It never hurts to throw in ideas into the melting pot and get reactions from people, and if you pick through the bitching you get some really valuable points and definately learn things, which can never be a bad thing.  Lets keep debates as just that, and not into slangfests, its good discussions with the ability to agree to disagree on certain things that will help a forum and fancying in general move forward as we all learn from each other.   :)

Jamie

As you say you have thrown this idea into the melting pot, so why complain if we melt it down a bit :) :) :)

Surely us members are able to comment on your ideas, sadly not all agree with them, does not mean they are trying to pick a fight just debating your post :-/

True... But I personally believe, strongly that too many hang onto the shirt tails of so - called Names, and even defend them through thick and thin. Indeed, see a couple of 'Names' being asked a few reasonable, and relistically sensible questions, and they don't even HAVE to answer, Crap flys out the shoots and hordes surround and hollar most stupid, and atrocious things. And any and every horrid point draged up to conceed that the person asking a legit question is saddomised, called everything from Jealous, yes that silly ole potatoe is out first. Then crap about if you wanted to do the same you could... devoice the wife, kids, sell the home and move to a 'Prime Location, and borrow £200,000 like. I mean how dare that challenge such a great!

And if a seller really wants to live on his past Glory(ies) he needs to just sell and not race.

True... But I personally believe, strongly that too many hang onto the shirt tails of so - called Names, and even defend them through thick and thin. Indeed, see a couple of 'Names' being asked a few reasonable, and relistically sensible questions, and they don't even HAVE to answer, Crap flys out the shoots and hordes surround and hollar most stupid, and atrocious things. And any and every horrid point draged up to conceed that the person asking a legit question is saddomised, called everything from Jealous, yes that silly ole potatoe is out first. Then crap about if you wanted to do the same you could... devoice the wife, kids, sell the home and move to a 'Prime Location, and borrow £200,000 like. I mean how dare that challenge such a great!

And if a seller really wants to live on his past Glory(ies) he needs to just sell and not race.

are you in thereter or something when i read youer post i think of hamlet