stitch up

chris h

Guest dogeon

so why does it say avoid contact with skin is that just incase you superglue yourself irritable aswell

avoid skin contact as it sticks like a b**ch

Guest puresoontjen

so why does it say avoid contact with skin is that just incase you superglue yourself irritable aswell

GO TO BED AND SLEEP ON IT MATE :D

Had one for the first time last month, bird home from 375 mile race, crop open. Never done a stitching job before, and wasn't too happy, first point is you need someone to help, impossible to do on your own.

Because there was a lot of damage round about and I found it difficult telling what different bits of skin were, and I didn't have any glue, which I would prefer to use, I only managed to get one stitch in. So after cleaning wound & drowning it in neat antiseptic, I used a tiny piece of masking tape to seal and stick the torn ends together, then put healing gel on a cotton wool pad and covered the whole wound with that. Stuck pad on with single piece of masking tape across the feathers either side of chest.

The water thing is fairly simple - feed a little at a time - smalls from your mixture, or barley, and the bird drinks only enough to soften what its eaten, so the little grain soaks it all up.  I'd no leaks right from the time the job was done.

Guest phillip

Pluck feathers around the wound . either sew the wound or use superglue to seal off the wound . Cover with Betadine afterwards . Helps clean healing .

Doctor closed a wound on my son,s eyebrow with ordinary Superglue as they could not do stitching .

I stiched up a Hen in my loft after flying into a powerline which caused a serious injury to the breast muscles . Torn the muscle away from the bone  . I could not fly her anymore and pulled her into the breeding section . Today she do not show any side effects after the wound healed up .

• 13 years later...

Super glue was invented by the USA and it was for the Vietnam war (fact) it tells you to avoid skin contact that’s  incase you glue yourself together that’s all I use it just about every day in life , I’ve glued large cuts on myself without the need to go to hospital . It’s brilliant stuff if used properly better to glue it and use the activator to get it to go off quick like a few seconds .