stitch up

chris h

Guest puresoontjen
i got one of my ybs back tonight with its crop cut wide open.it was feeding and the seeds were falling back onto the floor.has anyone ever stitched up a pigeon.and did it survive?

I HAD ONE THE SAME AS YOU I DIDNT STITCH IT I GLUED IT... ITS DOING FINE

Guest ShaneGate

Hello Chris,No big problem,just sew gash up with cotton and thred,it will then be able to eat,but when it drinkjs it will dribble out through the little gaps,so just use that superglue or paint on plastic skin to seal it up,give it few days and it will go green then black,in the end will get hard,and smaller,then fall off,.

Guest HighSpeedLofts

no need for superglue or plastic skin stitch it up put sum germoline on it if you are using superglue make sure its airfix

Guest puresoontjen
no need for superglue or plastic skin stitch it up put sum germoline on it if you are using superglue make sure its airfix

SUPERGLUE its a lot better for the bird and for him to get the job done i done mine its doing fine after 5 weeks  :-/

Guest HighSpeedLofts

SUPERGLUE its a lot better for the bird and for him to get the job done i done mine its doing fine after 5 weeks  :-/

is it real pigeons you have

Guest ShaneGate

Not sure about the germolene my ex girlfriend said animal like to lick that stuff because it smells, :-/ :-/and you will never guess where she used to smear it;)

Guest HighSpeedLofts
Not sure about the germolene my ex girlfriend said animal like to lick that stuff because it smells, :-/ :-/and you will never guess where she used to smear it;)

think your on about vaseline

Guest puresoontjen
never read on superglue for use on pigeons even says avoid skin contact

WELL THEY US IT IN HOSPITALS WHATS THE DIFFERENCE

Guest HighSpeedLofts

WELL THEY US IT IN HOSPITALS WHATS THE DIFFERENCE

the stuff in the hospital is not just your average superglue is it its made safe

Guest puresoontjen

the stuff in the hospital is not just your average superglue is it its made safe

BUT IS IT NOT SUPERGLUE ITS ALL THE SAME I SUPERGLUD MY HAND WITH IT I PROBERLY NEEDED 7 OR 8 STITCHES DIDNT GET NO INFECTION IN IT

Guest HighSpeedLofts

BUT IS IT NOT SUPERGLUE ITS ALL THE SAME I SUPERGLUD MY HAND WITH IT I PROBERLY NEEDED 7 OR 8 STITCHES DIDNT GET NO INFECTION IN IT

so why does it say avoid contact with skin is that just incase you superglue yourself irritable aswell

Guest puresoontjen
nothing wrong is stiching up pigeons, we've done it loads of times and they heal well

NO ONE IS SAYING THERE ANY THING  WRONG WITH STITCHING UP BIRDS