Ayrshire Fed new YB's race programme??

abbeypap

Ayrshire Fed had a delegates meeting last night and decided on  new route for the rest of the young bird race programme for 2009.

Starts Saturday 25th July at Carnwath

1st August Livingston

8th August ??????? not sure of lib point

15th August  Cockenzie

22nd August Dunbar

29th August Berwick upon Tweed

or so we have been told.   Anyone know any different.

Ayrshire Fed had a delegates meeting last night and decided on  new route for the rest of the young bird race programme for 2009.

Starts Saturday 25th July at Carnwath

1st August Livingston

8th August ??????? not sure of lib point

15th August  Cockenzie

22nd August Dunbar

29th August Berwick upon Tweed

or so we have been told.   Anyone know any different.

that looks more sensible than lockerbie

the race programme changes are

carnwath 25/07/09

livingston 01/08/09

arniston 08/08/09

cockkenzie 15/08/09

dunbar 22/08/09

berwick 29/08/09

all races under 100 miles to central ayrshire :-/

lanarkshire had the same last year with youngbirds just over the 100 mile once don't think it harmed them as yearlings this year seen many folk timing from the snfc races with yearling's

i hope you guys get some better racing you deserve a break

it does,nt matter what way or how far we go . it ,ll not suit some people, our fed only raced to 120 miles last year , this year were hoping to get to 180 miles ( wakefield ) weather permitting

think you guys have made a good decision,and good luck with the racing,you might get to wakefield and then the y/b national,time will tell. ;) ;) ;) ;) as the lanarkshire guys have said it has done them no harm. ;)

Guest Gareth Rankin

Thought a total change in race points and direction would need to come via a special meeting were all members could attend. :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

Thought a total change in race points and direction would need to come via a special meeting were all members could attend. :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

I thought that was why each club had two delegates to attend meetings at short notice to represent and vote on behalf of the club members, after they had spoken to them of course and got an idea for what they would want.  

I don't know the nature of the objection yet but I think the federation was faced with a situation that sticking with the agreed prog. would have led to reduced birdage.

I think you may be correct about the foundation of the objection but will look for clarification.

However---I think the management committee took the correct action reviewing the situation.

I don't know the nature of the objection yet but I think the federation was faced with a situation that sticking with the agreed prog. would have led to reduced birdage.

I think you may be correct about the foundation of the objection but will look for clarification.

However---I think the management committee took the correct action reviewing the situation.

Of course they were correct to review the situation.  As was said earlier not going to please everybody with the new route.

Guest Greig the doo Drysdale
where is the lib point for the livingston race.

It was at SKY TV in Kirkton Campus ind est

Went down a couple of time to watch but its not the best Lib point a few miles along the road at Livingston football club would be better or ontop of the multi story car park at the shops but thats alot of carrying baskets as the transporter wont fit

what a terrible programme cant see the point in me racing this programme as ive been training my youngsters out of Edinburgh for the past 2 weeks as i work there,

But you will send anyway as it would not mater where we raced from north, south, east, west we just want to race the Doos.