rpra rings 2010

Guest casbri

Guest karl adams

i think the markers on basketing  night will need to have plasters with them as some birds struggle like mad so i think there will be a few scratches  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest the quiet man

i am not very happy with them. i feel that the edges will make  ybs in the nest uncomfortable and as suggested chip eggs next year. if you are into ets, fine but what about all those who require nothing more than the rings we normally get. i see this as another step to forcing everyone onto ets. as previously suggested a false ets chip for those without ets to insert might have been a compromise.

Just heard last night that there are members from this area who have joined the NWHU to get their rings.I haven't got mine yet but my mate says he doesn't like them.Will pass comment when I get them.

i went to a "pigeon presentation " night last night they have N.W.H.U. rings (was told union not accepting any more members this year ,cant cope with the request for rings)  andy.

the new rings for 2010 whats your opinion on them with ledges on for  ets..what would happen if you filed lugs of rings ...your opinion please....i use a t3..  will eggs get broke when birds are pired in 2011 seaon

with hese rings on

b4 u file anything check with rpra as this may b classed as tampering

Guest the quiet man

i went to a "pigeon presentation " night last night they have N.W.H.U. rings (was told union not accepting any more members this year ,cant cope with the request for rings)  andy.

if the rpra doesnt start taking the members opinions into consideration the likes of the nwhu are going to have to order a lot more rings for next year.

I use the unikon Ets system and they do not even have insert's for the rings this year,

so why change the life rings if the ETS company's don't even have the chip inserts,

;) keep the old style life ring. jmo

Regards

IF you have the BHW check on page 107 you will see the UNIKON  new inserts.

Why is the rpra only catering for ets il never be on ets so why should i put stupid rings on my birds these rings r going to be troublesome come the breeding season between ybs getting injured by there own rings or the parents rings as they get on and of the nest and because of the silly design ring covers wont fit on if there forcing us to use these rings they should supply the ets to go with them not that i would use an ets

They should be supplied with a blank insert in them, that can be removed by those with etc. I can only see problems with these rings, possibility of broken eggs, ETS chips slipping out, lugs breaking off. We need progress but the RPRA's attitude on one step forward and two back is what is halting progress in a positive way.

i to think they should be supplied with blanks, may be someone will supply them in diffrent colours then you could use them instead if clip rings or pairing rings with numbers on????

Guest karl adams

i think the only thought that as gone into these new rings was to make them look as tho they have adapted them to accommodate for the e t s chip  the same chip fitted on the old ring better  

Rubbish, can't be defaced in any way or they become void.  They should be developing a normal race ring that embraces the chip within the ring itself.  All the time we have these add ons, they can still be removed and used by others.  Another rip off.

Guest puresoontjen

THE NEW RINGS ARE SLIGHTLY BIGGER SEE FOR YOUR SELF. GET A FAGBUT AND PUT IT IN THE HOLE IT FITS SNUG IN THE 2010 ONES. DO THE SAME TO THE 2009 RINGS ITS A LOT HARDER TO PUSH THE FAGBUT THROUGH.

AND I PHONED THE APRA TODAY TO SEE IF I CAN TAKE THE ENDS OFF THE RINGS SHE SAID NO IT THEN BECOMES VOID

IF I FILED THE ENDS DOWN.SHE SAID THE RPRA HAS HAD A NUMBER OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEM. SHE GAVE ME A PHONE NUMBER TO A MR LAWLEY TO COMPLAIN TO HIM 0121-5258024 OR 07724-784796 HE WILL DEAL WITH ALL COMPLAINTS CONCERNING THE ETS RINGS.

AND I PHONED THE APRA TODAY TO SEE IF I CAN TAKE THE ENDS OFF THE RINGS SHE SAID NO IT THEN BECOMES VOID

IF I FILED THE ENDS DOWN.SHE SAID THE RPRA HAS HAD A NUMBER OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEM. SHE GAVE ME A PHONE NUMBER TO A MR LAWLEY TO COMPLAIN TO HIM 0121-5258024 OR 07724-784796 HE WILL DEAL WITH ALL COMPLAINTS CONCERNING THE ETS RINGS.

good point there pure soontjen, they are alright saying the ring is void if the lugs are took off......but where do we stand if the lugs break of further down the line eg when the bird is a yearling.....? cant the bird be raced because it is classed as void....?  at our club meeting yesterday one member had sent some rings back because some of the lugs had broken off in the bag, but the rpra either plamed the post office for being rough with them or also blamed it on the cold weather.......????

i think there is trouble ahead with these new rings......

my 2009 dutch youngsters are carrying these rings everyones complaining about

they are currently sitting between 12 and 14 days and has yet no broken eggs

just speaking has i find

granted you will get the odd one or two i suppose but then you also get pairs fighting smashing eggs which will be blamed on the rings

Guest puresoontjen

good point there pure soontjen, they are alright saying the ring is void if the lugs are took off......but where do we stand if the lugs break of further down the line eg when the bird is a yearling.....? cant the bird be raced because it is classed as void....?  at our club meeting yesterday one member had sent some rings back because some of the lugs had broken off in the bag, but the rpra either plamed the post office for being rough with them or also blamed it on the cold weather.......????

i think there is trouble ahead with these new rings......

ive just tried to snap one of the lugs off with my teeth and tried to squeeze them together no sign of them brakeing but left my teeth marks on the ring.  so i wouldnt of thought they will brake that easy. as far as they might break the eggs i dont know i dont think any will know this intill we all start to breed next year to see the out come time will only tell.