birds hit on 1st toss :(

Guest Jake Greene

Guest youngboy

today was first toss and sent 9 held 2 hens due to laying eggs. only 2 back and looks like they wen trees  >:(

i belive it was peregrine and most of that team was never hit by a peregrine  :(

hopefuly more will come still very pissed off doh as its my 1st toss

Guest youngboy

yes there old birds, the only thing i thaught i was looky as most other members were being hit and attcked at home and were beign hit on training like no tomorow but i have beign waiting a while now poor birds were really frightened. but ya dont no how much it hurts till it happens to you. really sick of these peregrines now  >:( as many of us are

IAM SICK OF THESE BIRDS OF PRAY HAD ANOTHER 2 BACK TODAY CUT TO BITS HOW THEY GET AWAY AND MAKE THERE WAY HOME AMAZING OUR BIRDS ARE THE M8 GOT HIT 3 TIMES YESTERDAY IN HES GARDEN HES ONLY AROUND THE CORNER FROM ME AFARID TO LET

THE YOUNG OUT INEVER SEEN IT THIS BAD :)

For a few years now, I never let all the birds go together. I let them up in pairs or threes as a rule. It helps to keep the damage under control a bit.

These days the Sparrowhawks are attacking the birds in the air, they never used to do that. So in this area we have a mass attack involving Sparrowhawks, Goshawks and Perigrines. And there are occasions when the birds dive for cover only to be attacked by cats while they hide.

I wonder sometimes why we all bother.

Guest vander mungo
For a few years now, I never let all the birds go together. I let them up in pairs or threes as a rule. It helps to keep the damage under control a bit.

These days the Sparrowhawks are attacking the birds in the air, they never used to do that. So in this area we have a mass attack involving Sparrowhawks, Goshawks and Perigrines. And there are occasions when the birds dive for cover only to be attacked by cats while they hide.

sadly your right owen,but were addicted to our sport,hobby,call it as you lkke. thats why we keep going

Guest youngboy
IAM SICK OF THESE BIRDS OF PRAY HAD ANOTHER 2 BACK TODAY CUT TO BITS HOW THEY GET AWAY AND MAKE THERE WAY HOME AMAZING OUR BIRDS ARE THE M8 GOT HIT 3 TIMES YESTERDAY IN HES GARDEN HES ONLY AROUND THE CORNER FROM ME AFARID TO LET

THE YOUNG OUT INEVER SEEN IT THIS BAD :)

jesus it shows ya how bad things are goin. like 1 or 2 hits is experience but evertime time let them excerise or train is out of hand  >:(

Guest youngboy

jesus and i thught i was gettin it tough by the one attack. ??) that sounds way worse. sorry to here that i new it was bad but didn think it was like that   hawks/falcons i swear but i suppose alot of us blabber on about it but nothing is being done. :B due to protection and all this.

Guest youngboy

sadly your right owen,but were addicted to our sport,hobby,call it as you lkke. thats why we keep going

very very true. pigeon racing is like a drug so easy to get addicted to it. i hate the way ppl knock it before they have tried it

Guest vander mungo

very very true. pigeon racing is like a drug so easy to get addicted to it. i hate the way ppl knock it before they have tried it

just got to take it as it comes youngboy, weve been taking it in west of scotland from early 80,s you want to keep flying pigeons, you just got to live with the bop problem

Agree.

I have seen sparrowhawks attack in the air also and this was never the case.

I don't think there's a fancier in this area that hasn't be hit while training,this will kill the sport full stop.

Racing years ago the club would send may be 400 to the fisrt race if you didn't get a trap you were at the bottom of the sheet,now maybe 100 away and 5 minutes between first two birds.The lads in the South of the County say they can see our birds turning back and won't face the gaunlet.

Been informed that there are a pair of Peregrines nesting a our first young bird Lib.site,been monitored full time,that's where the RSPB collections go to pay expences for the watchers.

Lindsay

I would ask you all who have had hawk attack to write to the RSPB and forward me a copy.

The reason I ask this is the RSPB claim that only 14% of racing pigeon loss is due to raptors, this we all know is rubbish

However I need proof that complaints have been sent in to the RSPB and they have ether not replied or just used stock answers

When I have enough information I intend to contact a MP and the media, as the RSPB are hiding behind old outdated figures that

Go back over 10years, preservation of raptors is their biggest earner and so they will tell un truths.

Everybody needs to play apart in getting the Government of the day to look into what the RSPB are doing.

Not only are they wrecking the pigeon fraternity but also the countryside wild life.

Guest wattle

i have do the same 3 at a time when training, takes a while to get threw 30 birds, but at least most get home save. it,s gone mad everywere with bops.  :(