EYES WHAT U THINK!!!

Mr Staff Van Reet

hi wiley... you want to know what the green eye means.. well find someone with a green eye and see how much better or worst they era than you??? they are no different . so green eyes or any colour means nothing other than it is a hereditary trait..... simple.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Wiley,

I enclose a photo of a green eye in all it's glory, an eye like this means a top breeder, should breed winners in every nest when paired correctly.

Green is only an enhancement of yellow, there fore a dominant eye, but unless it has all the qualities can be just another eye.

The colour is rare but can be quite ordinary in evaluation, unless possessing the qualities in the photograph.

Regards

Jack

Guest Paulo
hi wiley... you want to know what the green eye means.. well find someone with a green eye and see how much better or worst they era than you??? they are no different . so green eyes or any colour means nothing other than it is a hereditary trait..... simple.

I quite fancy Girls with green eyes.

What importance do eyesign men place on a bulleye got a few pied pigeons with them?

Having been interested in eyesign for over 40 years i was allways lead to believe that the green and violet eyes were the ones that you should have in your loft,but over the last few years the thinking with many eyesign people is that it is not the colour of the eye but how the eye is made up that you need to look for.I dont profess to be a eye sign expert in any way but i have won prizes at many of the big shows all over the country and i allways would use what knowledge i think i have to choose my stock birds,pedigrees mean nothing to me when choosing a bird to buy,that is of course if i can see the bird i am buying.

Hi Jack,Over the years i have been shown many so called green eyed pigeons even one which belonged to a well known eyesign judge but i could still not see why they called it a green eye,the photo which you have put up leave,s me in no doubt that is what you say it is,i dont think anyone could mistake that one.

Hello Tony,

Yes I agree their are many shades and depths that we can call green, this is also the case with the violet. As I said it is just colour enhancement, and if one has a Catalyst eye which is the split gene of both eyes, we can breed violets and greens with consistency. A Catalyst eye, although part pearl which shows in the Iris, also shows a yellow base (correlation). The Adaptation of such an eye is the blue of the sky.

When one pairs this eye to a yellow eye, we invariably get green, as in mixing colours Blue & Yellow makes Green. When we pair it to a pearl eye, which does not have a white base as people often think, but a pink base, we produce violet. When one mixes Blue with pink or pinkish reds one invariably produces Purple or Violet.

My own strain the "Barkel's Lemons" produce these colours with regularity, and another strain I have managed to give me similar results by judicious pairings to the eye, are the Chocolate Meulemans.

I enclose a photo of a Violet Eye and a Catalyst Eye.

Regards

Jack

thanks jack the green eye you posted is very simiular to these young birds, they were produced by some new stock i brought in this year, i have read one of your books and find it very informative, i bought it of mo at blackpool, being only 17 i became very interested in the eye, and your book has helped me ' the modern guide' is a top book :)

• 3 months later...

Ladies and Gentlemen, for those that may have money may I reccomend one of the finest breeding hens I've seen on PIPA sales site, September auction, part 2, pigeon 3 daughter Femke, will breed winners like going out of fashion from 50 mile to 520 mile any velocity, a fantastic breeding hen.  I don't wish to cause arguements or controversy, just my evaluation, if you have the money and want a super breeding hen to found a family this is the hen, and if you think it's tosh just ignore this post.

Alan

Thunderbolt just answering your question not wishing to get into any arguements, I would evaluate the same way as I would evaluate any bird's eye. But not via a photograph, indeed not good to evaluate via photos, even though I know I've shown it can be done successfully on this site.

Guest Silverwings

albear /jack barkel and eye sign enthusiasts , have a real interest in this subject some years ago i had a lot of sucsess with youngsters bred from a blue hen ( no white pigment visible)  feathers or claws etc she had a bull almost black violet pigment in both eyes ,she turned out winners in all her nests after many years trying to produce the like i now have another one ? any one else had experince with this type of eye in straight blues ? .......ray

Guest Silverwings
look up their backside-if you could pick a pigeon on eyesign the eye-sign lads would win every week.

majorpet

if that is how you select your birds pet ,fair play to you ? suppose we could call that the 'Tunnel Vision theory' not heard of this one before ? or have we ?

• 2 weeks later...
look up their backside-if you could pick a pigeon on eyesign the eye-sign lads would win every week.

majorpet

Without wishing to get into an argument, let me put it another way to your statement, how many non-believers in eyesign are there that still aren't winning either?  

• 2 weeks later...

I am another one of the "don't know anything about the eyesicn brigade" but I do like to see an eye rich and deep in colour.  I remember reading somewhere about " speed lines " they are the lines that run from the pupil to the first circle and run like bycycle spokes.  The more there are in that circle, supposedly, the faster the pigeon is.  I had one once that had lots of these lines and the first race I flew it, it flew so fast I lost it. lol.

• 1 month later...