Training smack

Pompey Lad

just wondered if anyone knows if there was any problems down the west side

yesterday as few members from portsmouth and surrounding parts of the south

had a training toss yesterday from dorchetser (60 miles) and there are load missing

first birds didn't come through for about two hours this was preperation for the first

race saturday and i am most of my team missing.

I broke my golden rule today which is never to train my pigeons ( old or young ) beyond the 20ml stage.  I took them to Rye which comes up 47ml to me.  It is now 5pm from a 10am lib and I'm still 12 from 32 missing.  There's still plenty of daylight left and the forecast is fine tomorrow so am expecting them back.

Lesson learnt, will NEVER do that again, they will go back to the system of some 20/30 tosses from 20ml just to get them fit.

Up until this week training had been going well for us however this week we have had losses which with a small team is disappointing - The best part of this is all barring one are hens.

Once chap who liberated on the same training load as us on Monday 15 minutes later up until 4pm today had 3 out of 37 which is scary

this whole season has been the same in my club i have

the most oldens left and i have lost half my team.

the one i have left were the ones at the start i said

we would loose apart from 1. the pigeons i regarded as

my best are not here but it proves i thought wrong because in

my eyes the best are here

Weather was hot and sunny here in Dorchester yesterday Mick and visibilty was good, but the wind was very strong from the east which would have made it a testing fly for YBs heading back to Portsmouth. It's been a strange couple of weeks though with our YBs regularly taking two hours and more to return in ones and twos from their first few training tosses of 5-15 miles and many having a night out. Thankfully we haven't lost too many as yet ! Old birds have also been struggling from across the Channel and locally the BBC race from Bordeaux last Saturday was nothing short of a disaster with no real explanantion for what went wrong. Only 90- odd birds were verified in two days and around this part of Dorset, where we only fly just over 400 miles, top fliers are still missing a lot of experienced birds. After a very testing Palamos with only a comparatively small number of birds verified in race time, it hasn't been a good season so far for the BBC, let's hope the young bird channel race is better.

wE GOT A BAD UN ON OUR TRAINING VAN LAST SATURDAY WHEN JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ON IT HAD BAD RETURNS BUT HEY IT HAPPENS AND YOU HAVE TO GET ON WITH IT AS IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN & AGAIN STARTED TRAINING 47 AND NOW DOWN TO 32 BUT THEY WILL BE GOING TO MOST OF THE RACES UNLESS WE HAVE BIG LOSSES AGAIN AT MY PLACE ::) :-/