SPRINT PIGEONS

van reets here aswel tel,, ours win at 70 and 350 miles,, very versitile birds,, but sprinting is what they are the best at.. very good birds for the widowhood and celibate,, they love to be wound up... I will add another,, denduiver,, we have these and they are very quick birds,, but they will only go to 200 miles,, after that they don't come..

goodluck

ant

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

van reets here aswel tel,, ours win at 70 and 350 miles,, very versitile birds,, but sprinting is what they are the best at.. very good birds for the widowhood and celibate,, they love to be wound up... I will add another,, denduiver,, we have these and they are very quick birds,, but they will only go to 200 miles,, after that they don't come..

goodluck

ant

how quick are them denduiver birds have u any info on them sorry to be nosy just it seems fo me they would suit me

is there a site i read a little about them   thanks

denduivers originate from deshact and cyriel denduiver from belgium,, they were father in law and son in law,, they split the birds,, cyriel is the older and deshact is the younger.. they won some serious prizes.. I think they had a bird called pele.. we bought 2 stock birds of cyriel in 2004 and they bred us winners from the off,, they have bred 2 x 1st feds and 2 x 2nd feds,many 1st at club.., we have also got another 2 hens from cyriel and we crossed these into the van reets,, we have sent 4 over the channel and none have returned.. but upto 200 miles they are very quick,, our 2nd bird today was a van reet x denduiver.. all these birds we have are blues.. very chesty birds,, built for power..

goodluck

ant

Think its probably impossible to work out whats the best if you got loft full of one breed obviously your going be able to say they are the best  and if there are more of a certain breed than others because they are the popular name to have at that time surely because of the amount they are going have more results   Ive had few sprinters and they were different breeds and they all done well couldnt really say any was better than the other things its more down to getting the right birds of the right people irrespective of what breed they are

Tiz no good me having sprinters. What you say is true. Tiz the right birds that do it not the strain.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest slugmonkey

I have some good sprint birds I have broken 4 speed records in 5 years,

in OB I broke the 100 mile record and the 200 mile record and in YB I broke the 100 record 2 times these records were broken from 2 loft locations the bird that broke the YB record last year was the 1st bird home on the 200  that I broke but he did a victory lap and got outclocked by another bird she also broke the OB record at 100 miles these birds were sent to Florida we will be racing the offspring in the sprints down there, the 1st time I broke it I was 3 ypm off the national record

A guy on the short end broke the National record at 99 miles and under but my bird beat it so it didnt get the record ALL of these speeds were 2320 + YPM All of these birds are Jannssen based

• 2 weeks later...

The birds that we race for the sprint, which have won everything before them, including sprint land average 12 out of 13 years, are a mixture of staf van reet (Mardon via Steve Parry barnsley), direct de klaks and Jansens. I also brought in a Walter zootjan pair, which i have to say are the fastest birds i have ever had, one hen 06 bird has now topped the fed three times and has over 15 firsts. These breeds crossed have won upto 335 miles for me this year, with the De Klak doing the busimess at 400/ 500 miles. Must agree with T Sykes though, got to have the right system in place to compete at the sprint, and feeding is everything. ;)