Jan Aarden

chris h

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 16 pairs of them for racing and whilst they have to be handled in there own way they can really fly the skies and they keep everything else in the garden fit.

This is typical of our type of Aarden based on the Sam De Jong and Anton Ligtenberg lines of Raymond Moleveld.

Stuart

I have 16 pairs of them for racing and whilst they have to be handled in there own way they can really fly the skies and they keep everything else in the garden fit.

This is typical of our type of Aarden based on the Sam De Jong and Anton Ligtenberg lines of Raymond Moleveld.

Stuart

It will be interesting Stu how they perform  here on hard days. I remember the eye of Raymond's champion you posted aking for my opinion, the one I think you said was a super sprinter (Chris Little comment?), fantastic 500/750 mile pigeon but a fast pigeon, is your family based on this pigeon? I did see a couple of eyes of the auction you did at Blackpool though and if I remember the eye on the cheaper cock (£130) was fantastic and imo capable of doing 15 /16 hours on the wing.

My good yearling cock vdw x Bob Mcdonald scored at 225 and 304 miles at vel just over 900 but at  Tarbes where he was 78th open NFC this year he was doing 1300 and I think he is a faster cock typical of the continental Aardens I would be surprised if he scores at less than a 1000 ypm but if the velocity is 1100+ then I think he will do well again.

I'll be looking out for your results, you're right in the hotbed of National racing all eminating outwards from Radstock, a fantastic area to compete in, wish I was there! And from a novice at distance racing good luck but I'll be trying to beat you! ;D.

By the way I have an inbred hen Kuiff down from Michael Buyk whose gdam is out of  on the sire side Dolle2 as you know from De Dolle out of Ligtenberg 61 145676 and on the dam side Lange 61 140085, a sister of dolle 71 204953 and daughter of Dolle 78 7869782. I sold the dam of my 'Tufty' when I was short of cash, a huge mistake.

In our country Morocco A female had made a Wonderful performance to travel 1050 km where 650 km is in sahara this pigeon contain the jan aarden

That sounds like a fantastic performance at 650 miles

Hi Thunderbolt what was the performance on your Palamos pigeon please? (some lovely lookers)

56th sect,214th open. she was out of race time(a few days) but got a diploma. i had only had pigeons 3 years when i sent here and had never send to a race over 420 mls before, so get 1 from over 750 mls made me happy. i think i know a little bit more now in regards to racing,so next year i'm sending her to barcelona.

56th sect,214th open. she was out of race time(a few days) but got a diploma. i had only had pigeons 3 years when i sent here and had never send to a race over 420 mls before, so get 1 from over 750 mls made me happy. i think i know a little bit more now in regards to racing,so next year i'm sending her to barcelona.

Well done, quite an achievement, good luck at Barcelona; this year 2009 or next 2010? I'm going to have a go at Barcelona this year even though I'm not quite ready yet, but with the BBC and BICC going together I think all us distance guys and gals should do our utmost to support.

Well done, quite an achievement, good luck at Barcelona; this year 2009 or next 2010? I'm going to have a go at Barcelona this year even though I'm not quite ready yet, but with the BBC and BICC going together I think all us distance guys and gals should do our utmost to support.

hi albear, i agree the more the merrier. this year we're going to have a go. that hen and a cock to go with her. this is the cock,he's won from tarbes last year,he's half arden.

hi albear, i agree the more the merrier. this year we're going to have a go. that hen and a cock to go with her.

I'm sending as long as he's right a 2006 l/b cock he had 3 tosses at about 9 weeks old and came back later about 2 days for a 20 mile toss each time. As a yearling always behind but seemed to take the same amount of time whether from 70 miles or 370 mile!!! As a 2yo in 2008 again behind but always came, then sent to Marmandes 473 miles came next day 1st! Must be the type for Barcelona?? His sire is out of 1st BBC Palamos x 1st NFC Pau and his dam out of Van Der Wegen directs, so the breeding is there. His eye is right too but mentally I'm not sure if he is tough enough cause he never seems to try. Must admit I am excited because he has everything right except perhaps me ;D can I pepare him right on widowhood?? We shall see!! Any way good luck Thunderbolt and I hope we both have reason to smile and I'll happilly come 2nd BBC to you! (Van Der Wegen are Jan Aarden based, on thread ;D)

I'm sending as long as he's right a 2006 l/b cock he had 3 tosses at about 9 weeks old and came back later about 2 days for a 20 mile toss each time. As a yearling always behind but seemed to take the same amount of time whether from 70 miles or 370 mile!!! As a 2yo in 2008 again behind but always came, then sent to Marmandes 473 miles came next day 1st! Must be the type for Barcelona?? His sire is out of 1st BBC Palamos x 1st NFC Pau and his dam out of Van Der Wegen directs, so the breeding is there. His eye is right too but mentally I'm not sure if he is tough enough cause he never seems to try. Must admit I am excited because he has everything right except perhaps me ;D can I pepare him right on widowhood?? We shall see!! Any way good luck Thunderbolt and I hope we both have reason to smile and I'll happilly come 2nd BBC to you! (Van Der Wegen are Jan Aarden based, on thread ;D)

i'd be happy just to clock in race time. in my dreams i win it.lol

i'd be happy just to clock in race time. in my dreams i win it.lol

If we get a decent wind, then you never know, but if we get the normal sw then like you I'll be absolutely delighted to time in race time

Hi Albear,

but with the BBC and BICC going together I think all us distance guys and gals should do our utmost to support.

why should we ?the last time i was sending to barcelona,they switch basketing to monday unstead of sunday,at very short notice,destroying working men fanciers chances.

this was supposed to be a working class sport,but the more i see ,those days seem long gone,basketing rules,clock rules ect,certainly favour other type of people.

level playing field,my a**

have to agree these so called nationals are geographicaly challenged and dont have enough clock / marking stations i believe they all should be scrapped of there national status as its miss leading and not accessable by all untill they create more stations and be represented by all areas  there just a glorified federation , its about time we did have a true national , but to those who reap the publicity and win these jumped up feds they would cringe at them been accessable by all  :)

Jumped up feds my *expletive removed*. These guys do a far better job at distance racing than the NFC. Tiz a 200 mile plus round trip for me to get to Salisbury. NFC don't go to Spain. I had one from Palamos and a good 'un from Lamballe last year and pleased with it. What a complete dogs dinner the NFC and MNFC made when we had bird flu. My birds went Perth and Bordeaux cos they were the best races available. BICC and BBC for me anytime. Clocks set at our own club with both organisations.