systems

jack

widowhood both cocks and hens  , cant believe how well my hens are flying  :X :X :X :X ybs natural :)

you shouldnt say things like that  ;D

flying widowhood ( i think) for first time this year. will re-pair ready for channel races, train hens up with ybs, ready for old hens national again :-)

sorry to jump thread  but can you explain how you race both on widowhood?

cheers

exactly same as you would if left hens at home apart from im going to keep them dry and im exercising and training hens same time as cocks  keeping them dry then no eggs ;)  i've only recently tried racing hens as havent done in the past , so its more trail than error with the hens  :) so when i train ill up the hens first wait 30 minutes have a smoke and a cup of tea enjoy the view then let the cocks out ;) our lass at home end will count hens in then move boards over and let cocks in ;)

exactly same as you would if left hens at home apart from im going to keep them dry and im exercising and training hens same time as cocks  keeping them dry then no eggs ;)  i've only recently tried racing hens as havent done in the past , so its more trail than error with the hens  :) so when i train ill up the hens first wait 30 minutes have a smoke and a cup of tea enjoy the view then let the cocks out ;) our lass at home end will count hens in then move boards over and let cocks in ;)

oh i c  what about race day will you be sending them all or you just sending hens on long distance races?

Hi Old Yellow

If I understand you correct, your hens and cocks will train together, but the hens will have a 'head-start' as they will be training 30min by the time the cocks join them.

What will be the reason for this, is it your view that hens need more training than cocks?

Regards

Old Pied

Hi Old Yellow

If I understand you correct, your hens and cocks will train together, but the hens will have a 'head-start' as they will be training 30min by the time the cocks join them.

What will be the reason for this, is it your view that hens need more training than cocks?

Regards

Old Pied

By training he means, road training, i.e he lets the hens out first, then 30 mins later realeases the cocks. :-)

natural both young and oldbirds...never flown any other way.

how well do you do in your club,  nearly all my club race natural   but im gunna race widowhood next year just wondered how well you do compared to others in your club who race widowhood or roundabout

oh i c  what about race day will you be sending them all or you just sending hens on long distance races?

will send what i feel like sending first race will send a few older 2 year olds and just a few yearlings , week after they'll be better prepaired with a bit more training for rest of birds  ;) but a mixture of cocks and hens each week they'll all trap in cocks side ;) as i have boards over traps they only hit the one with the landing board open ;)

Hi Old Yellow

Regards

Old Pied

they'll go training together however they wont be released at the same time 30 minutes inbetween each liberation , both need training same i let hens go first as my hens are very quick trappers so no problem the cocks catching them up at home end whilst cocks seem to mess around more on shorter tosses ;)

will send what i feel like sending first race will send a few older 2 year olds and just a few yearlings , week after they'll be better prepared with a bit more training for rest of birds  ;) but a mixture of cocks and hens each week they'll all trap in cocks side ;) as i have boards over traps they only hit the one with the landing board open ;)

but would you send a pair to the same race? ie both cock an hen?  could that motivate them to fly back?

but would you send a pair to the same race? ie both cock an hen?  could that motivate them to fly back?

i have no problem sending same pairs together be  short of a miricale they find each other in a liberation if both flying there hearts out and racing against each other well and good ;) but if one slow could slower other one down but only once have i had a pair land together as old birds last year from maidstone  ;) were a little off the pace but not bad fer distance birds ;)