very bad worms

rob09

i use a lot of carlic cider vinger and to look at these birds and dropings you woulding think they had worms

thats the thing no amount of natural products will keep things like worms away, you have to test on a regular basis and treat if you have any, any time you put birds in a basket with others from a different loft you are exposing them to re infection, the life cycle from egg to worm is 4 weeks, one worm is to many, just remember they are feeding off the same food the pigeon is and starving the bird of valuable nutrients. plus they are damaging the birds insides in some cases.

Jas

thats the thing no amount of natural products will keep things like worms away, you have to test on a regular basis and treat if you have any, any time you put birds in a basket with others from a different loft you are exposing them to re infection, the life cycle from egg to worm is 4 weeks, one worm is to many, just remember they are feeding off the same food the pigeon is and starving the bird of valuable nutrients. plus they are damaging the birds insides in some cases.

Jas

after racing i done them with horse wormer seen none but got a lot this time stock passed none

after racing i done them with horse wormer seen none but got a lot this time stock passed none

Hi rob.

one thing i dont understand is why people use products not designed for pigeons. what you have to remember is that you are putting chemicals into a living creature. a horse requires a far heavier dose than a pigeon does as its worked out on weight. So how can you possibly know what the measure of horse wormer is for a pigeon. Theres a good chance you can do serious damage or kill a bird if you are not careful. I personally use chevita ascapilla + I wouldnt use anything else as a wormer. One capsule kills all types of worm. no need for re treatment to kill the eggs. I have used this product for many years and as with all medication i always retest them a week later to make sure the product has worked. I have never had to re treat them after using this product. Its designed for pigeons with an accurate dosage, in a capsule so you know the bird has had the right amount of the product. Anytime you put a product in the water there is always a chance that a bird wont drink it. or they drink too little or in hot weather they drink to much.

tablets or capsules are always the way to go. accurate everytime.