Using Garlic

piggy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the women not to keen on you then fifer, not nice been in a club stinking of garlic!! was on a train once this bloke was eatting garlic raw lie it was a apple!! stank!

ITS GOOD FOR U, BUT IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW U USE IT AS TO HOW U SMELL, I USE IT IN MY PIGEON BATH IT KEEPS THEM KLEAN, AND THE LOFT DOES SMELL OF IT BUT IT KEEPS THE BEESTIES AWAY, VERY GOOD IN THE BATH WATER, ALSO GOOD FOR SPRAYING ON UR ROSES KEEPS THE GREENFLY AT BAY

CHOP UP SOME GARLIC PUT IT IN A PLASTIC BOTTLE LET LIE FOR A WEEK, PUT IT IN THE BIRDS BATH WATER, U WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE ON THEIR FEATHERS ALSO KEEPS LICE ETC AWAY, PUT SOME IN A SPRAY AND SPRAY AROUND UR LOFT FLOOR, AND IN GAPS IT KEEPS FLIES ETC AWAY, ALSO SMELLS GOOD AND GOOD FOR UR BIRDS NOSTRELS KEEPS THEM KLEAR, AND AS SAID GOOD FOR PLANTS

Ditty which will be of of interest to veterans members:

Old John keeps an eye on our clubhouse; was having a laugh & joke with him few weeks ago on my way to chemist to renew me blood pressure & cholestorol level tabs; happened to tell him that I'd never needed a pill in me life until I visited doctors with hearing problem & came out with a handful of earwax, and heart pills for rest of my bloody life ... and didn't like it.

Old John out-of-the-blue said 'take garlic'; He went on tell of his time in the Guards as part of the Long Range Desert patrols with the Gurkhas. Reckoned Gurkhas ate nothing but 'rotten' meat & garlic, and never went down with anything.

On the human side, I know garlic is recommended for controlling blood pressure & cholestorol levels and intend to speak to doctor about possibility of getting off the pills on my next visit in April. Also Dr Phillip Lynch is one of the guest speakers at our Fed do on Friday, will ask him about garlic for pigeons and humans (also PL and neighbours).

Hi

Just Bruise a clove of Garlic and drop it in the water. The clove will be okay for three days but replintish the water daily

Have been using Garlic and Our Carrot - Cabbage Juice now for Thirty years or so Keeps the Blood right and the pigeons will be spot on. Two other ingredients to reach excellentform all the race season and the rest of the year

Ex_ Pat

Well asked Dr Phil Lynch, (good SNFC results into central Scotland, Stenhousemuir, Falkirk) about garlic at a Fed Moot Friday night.

Dr Lynch believes garlic works as a preventative in that it works with the birds immune system, rather than doing the job that the immune system should be doing in keeping normal stuff like canker, cocci and worms at low levels. And he believes the immune system needs exposure to low levels to develop proper immunity, so his young birds aren't treated for anything.

At the same moot, John Duthie (good SNFC results into north Scotland, Dundee)described a visit to Armand Scheer's lofts, the Belgian vet / pigeon fancier and National winner.  It was Armand Scheer's remarks in his video 'Keep em Healthy' about garlic's effects on the cocci count that made me look into garlic, and articles I turned-up were posted earlier in this thread.

However, 'Credit to Fifer' because it was he who gave us the bit on how to use it in the loft as an insecticide - its insecticidal too - and since putting it in the birds bath I've  no worries on my birds' cleanliness (lice).

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to give Garlic a go as from this morning.  Chaps ever if your'e getting a bit of ear bashing from " er indoors " and fancy some peace and quiet, just peel your Garlic and put it in the egg slicer, you know, the one she uses for slicing boiled eggs, like I did this morning.  SILENCE IS GOLDEN.

Dee Dum, Dee Dum, Dee Dum.

• 1 year later...

hi i just started raising pigeons and was wondering is garlic safe and good to use in the drinking water i make fresh filtered water in 1 gallon jugs everyday and wanted to use apple cider vinegar one-day and garlic next day. today i used 1 teaspoon of apple cider to 1 gal of water. but how much garlic should i add to 1 gal of water.

is it safe to give them this everyday in this manner. one day garlic next day apple cider?

thanks

Jason