Using Cider Vinegar

piggy

i dont mind at all  but all the topics on the unc  forum that were" copied and pasted " . permission was sought from the auhtor.  not on craig part when he copied them  , i was informed  by a few members of the unc site and as a moderator  it was up to me to ask if he had permission,  

craig myself and ian are not tight, we  try and help as many people as we can and have shared our secrets with other fanciers, thats why the posts are there to read, and if they help one person then the job is done,

i do visit pigeon basics most nights and choose not to post regular  topics as richard himself does a fantastic job as do the many other members on this site

so lads and lasses enjoy your pigeons  we are all here to learn to better ourselves (myself included)and without  the methods of good flyers where would we all be?

keep up the good work

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont mind at all  but all the topics on the unc  forum that were" copied and pasted " . permission was sought from the auhtor.  not on craig part when he copied them  , i was informed  by a few members of the unc site and as a moderator  it was up to me to ask if he had permission,  

craig myself and ian are not tight, we  try and help as many people as we can and have shared our secrets with other fanciers, thats why the posts are there to read, and if they help one person then the job is done,

i do visit pigeon basics most nights and choose not to post regular  topics as richard himself does a fantastic job as do the many other members on this site

so lads and lasses enjoy your pigeons  we are all here to learn to better ourselves (myself included)and without  the methods of good flyers where would we all be?

keep up the good work

dont think theres a law in copying from a forum as its there for the public,i have copyed most the topics also and many other hints & tips i have read on this site and other sites,,,but only for my own needs,

chris why not sign the forum if your on most nights,dont see the point there as your a fello fancier and thats whats these forums are about listing to others opinions,i know theres some excelent topics on here so sign a few , why not.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

speight i will tell you what we put in the water for the week when the birds come back from a races 1st thing is milton as this will sterilis the birds thourts from any thing they have picked up in the race baskets then they will get honey for the next 2 days as this in a natural antbiotic then we give cider vinegar for a day but we do not give vinegar every week but we would give yogurt aftere it say onest a fortnight   garlic for 2 day  this helps to pureofie the blood then we would give the birds clean water for a day we also use some belgica de weerd product as and when we need

Good posted. thanks

I want to know what Cider Vinegar do in pigeons's body, do you think good or bad to give pigeons Cider Vinegar in the water, mix Garlic and Honey on the race days

Craig.

Apple cider vinegar is one of natures best products.  What it does is maintain the PH level in the gut and helps prevent ecoli salmonella.  I use it twice per week with no ill effects, 1 teaspoon per gallon of water.  You will have no more loose stools. Hope this helps.  Ed

Guest slugmonkey

Way below 11 more like 8 - cider vinegar contains many benificial compounds not just acid when selecting a vinegar make sure you get one that still contains live cultures I buy the raw unfiltered kind I have been using a probiotic as well and my birds are spectacular I havent treated for canker or coccidia in a LONG while I use about 1-2 tabelspoons per gallon I dont measure I just shake it up and pour it in I also use garlic about once a week as well as red cell and calf manna although I dont use these products on a scheduled basis I do use honey especially before longer races

Way below 11 more like 8 - cider vinegar contains many benificial compounds not just acid when selecting a vinegar make sure you get one that still contains live cultures I buy the raw unfiltered kind I have been using a probiotic as well and my birds are spectacular I havent treated for canker or coccidia in a LONG while I use about 1-2 tabelspoons per gallon I dont measure I just shake it up and pour it in I also use garlic about once a week as well as red cell and calf manna although I dont use these products on a scheduled basis I do use honey especially before longer races

As somebody who understands pH levels (but not from biology) - 7 is neutral, below 7 acidic and above 7 alkali, I would therefore have thought that giving cider vinegar would be to keep the gut below a pH level of 7 and on the acidic side

whats Calf manna? Since i started using cider vinegar and crushed garlic in water ive not had to treat for anything and birds look and feel great.

garlic two days cider vinegar two days and fresh water for three.

Ronnie calf manna is a pellet that is designed to be given to a weanling calf, full of protein and vits.  Only bad thing with it is it seems to loosen the stools up right at first.  Keep up the ACV and your good fortune should continue, in my opinion anyway.  thanks.  Ed

Guest slugmonkey

Dont give much calf manna I use about 5-10% and only 1 day a week at the most 2 as stated it will loosen up the stools and the birds will eat it easily once the learn it

Redcheq you are right but I belive that most organisms are at a ph a little higher than neutral so my statement should have read 7

:-/I've tried it but the birds definitely drink less when there's vinegar in the water......could the droppings be firmer because they're taking in less liquid??

Try putting less in the water.  I use one capfull per gallon of water and it doesn't seem to bother them or slow the drinking down.  I have tasted it myself and you can taste the vinegar but it isn't unpleasant.  Ed

Garlic is flately not liked by pigeons, in any way shape or form, so of course their intake is as little as need be. Less Fluid, firmer droppings, lose wieght and tighten up  etc. But the added incentives are that it is like Penicillan in reverse, and great protector that is a great help to their immune system.

Just to add to Rolands post: anything added to the water that is not liked by the pigeons will cause firmer droppings. adding anything to water to firm up the droppings is false economy. If your birds have watery droppings with just giving normal water you have a problem and you need to find it and cure it, adding stuff unless an antibiotic will only paper over the cracks. Just measure how much plain water your birds drink then add something to it and measure it then, its self explanatory.

John