help please

I had this with 2 birds last year, it turned out to be a calcium deficiency, both were given a half a calcium tablet, which I got from my local chemist, both are fine and still laying, I now occasionally disolve a calcium tablet in the stock teams drinker.

yea its a prisoner

It could be calcium deficiency, especially if it does not have access to fresh grit and minerals, even then prisoners do not have the advantage of the free flying birds that can pick around the garden and find everything they need. I always give my prisoners lettuce and the juice off my cooked

vegitables when available. ;)

I had this with 2 birds last year, it turned out to be a calcium deficiency, both were given a half a calcium tablet, which I got from my local chemist, both are fine and still laying, I now occasionally disolve a calcium tablet in the stock teams drinker.
, that one goe's in the we black book ;) ;)

you can use any cheap indigestion tablets - it doesn't have to be Rennies - look on the label - Tesco own indgestion tablets (about 99p) contain 500mg of calcium carbonate - I break these into quarters, i/4 morning and evening for a couple of days has worked fine for me  ;D

You might also like to go to your local garden centre etc, & buy some Dolomite Lime & place it in pots for the birds to pick at,  through out the year, like I do, (calcium carbonate & magnesiun carbonate) it's cheap, & will not do any harm to your birds & could help solve your problem.

Enjoy

Have seen similar before in hen at laying time,problem being overweight when laying,egg hits nerve causes temporary loss of leg movement,should be okay after 12 to 24 hours,with no further trouble,weight should be kept off all birds,hence reason for barley in diet.

I like sapper use lettuce and the water of cooked vegetables, i even drink this water myself full of iron, my grandmother always used to make me drink it as i detest vegetables. However watercress is also a very good for stock prisioners i normally buy a big case and offer this to the stock. If your bird doesnt recovery with the calcium additive, id be very worried and could be alot more trouble ahead