wet droppings

[face=Arial][/face]good evening all just need a bit of help/advice please. I have an 08 cock who seems to have developed seriously wet dropping (like water)he gets fed and watered the same as the rest and i don't seem to have a problem with them any one experianced this can you shed some light

Cheers Mark

Guest spin cycle
[face=Arial][/face]good evening all just need a bit of help/advice please. I have an 08 cock who seems to have developed seriously wet dropping (like water)he gets fed and watered the same as the rest and i don't seem to have a problem with them any one experianced this can you shed some light

Cheers Mark

has he been flying out ? (could he just have picked something up).....what colour are the droppings ?...is he 'hunched up'...how does he handle ?

Cheers Mark

Every now and then, a bird's droppings will be a little amiss, for a variety of reasons.  Sometimes green and slimey, sometimes a bit wet, etc.  The thing is not to get over anxious, it usually clears up by itself.  I normally find that the provision of red gritstone, and pink minerals help runny droppings.  As long as the bird looks Ok, is feeding and drinking Ok, and looks well, I would leave alone.

Guest spin cycle

Every now and then, a bird's droppings will be a little amiss, for a variety of reasons.  Sometimes green and slimey, sometimes a bit wet, etc.  The thing is not to get over anxious, it usually clears up by itself.  I normally find that the provision of red gritstone, and pink minerals help runny droppings.  As long as the bird looks Ok, is feeding and drinking Ok, and looks well, I would leave alone.

thats what i think...i associate green/slimey sometimes with a bit of stress....good topic this ...hope for some more thoughts/ideas.

The one thing that sprung to mind when you mentioned the droppings were watery was PMV-1 (Paramyxovirus), because one of the primary symptoms can include extreme watery droppings, not being a vet my advice is just that and it would be to immediately isolate the bird from others even if it means putting it in a box for the weekend, then take its droppings for analysis.

Please don't panic though, its not always going to be the PMV-1 and to help you judge better yourself here's a handy little video http://www.pigeonworld.org/Pigeon%20Heath.htm#PMV%20Video which may prove some help.

Guest spin cycle
The one thing that sprung to mind when you mentioned the droppings were watery was PMV-1 (Paramyxovirus), because one of the primary symptoms can include extreme watery droppings, not being a vet my advice is just that and it would be to immediately isolate the bird from others even if it means putting it in a box for the weekend, then take its droppings for analysis.

Please don't panic though, its not always going to be the PMV-1 and to help you judge better yourself here's a handy little video http://www.pigeonworld.org/Pigeon%20Heath.htm#PMV%20Video which may prove some help.

what colour are droppings when pmv?

Cheers everyone for replys i'll keep him seperated get his droppings tested and see how we go

Mark

Do that Mark, its the right thing.  We're all doing our level best to help but in truth none of us have a microscope and that's what is needed to clear your mind up with just what's going on.   Hope everything goes fine and you post saying its simply worm or something less sinister than what it could be.  Better safe than sorry.   ;)