Something wrong with my bird

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you are right and a good vet would have given advice. I just want this to be over and done with. The stress is killing me lol.
is the bird drinking excess water ,that is one of the first things to look for if it is paramyxo ,because the crop gets irratated and it drinks to stop the irratation.

is the bird drinking excess water ,that is one of the first things to look for if it is paramyxo ,because the crop gets irratated and it drinks to stop the irratation.

that would cause watery dropping but these are said to be firm.

i suspect it could be somthing as simple as a scratch to its throat caused by a sharp piece of grain or grit etc .

It does not drink more than normal and still eats. Only when its looking around does it twist its head. The droppings are firm. To me its odd that its the only one bird thats got it. If it is paramyxo it only has the one symptom of it and thats the twisting of its head. Also its a stock bird that got it and it has not been in contact with new birds for about six months now. It just seems strange.

can u do a few tests with the bird close its beak with two fingers for 30 secs to a min and watch to see if it really opens its mouth to breathe also put your finger over its eye actually press your finger gently on one the eye its outer eye lid should open and cover the eye can u let me know what colour the outer eye lid is this may just rule out one or two things  :-/

Well, there will be one good thing to come from this horrible situation. You will definately know what your birds have and have not got. And that is something positive to come from all this worry. Besides, you will learn a heck of a lot which will help you in the future.

Like everybody else on this forum, my sympathies are with you. I hope you will tell us how all this ends up.

Of course you could opt for the easy life and get shot of the pigeons and go in for computer games or possibly even bingo.

I was actually worried it could be something neurological as he comes from a very inbred family. Is that possible?
:-/ i did have this with my De klaks,but it was worth the chance as they bred many winners,some use to tapdance :) ;)And still winning ;)

can u do a few tests with the bird close its beak with two fingers for 30 secs to a min and watch to see if it really opens its mouth to breathe also put your finger over its eye actually press your finger gently on one the eye its outer eye lid should open and cover the eye can u let me know what colour the outer eye lid is this may just rule out one or two things  :-/

He breathes normal. Does not open his mouth to breath. Did not like the fact that beak was being held, lol.

Also his eyelid is a light greyish colour and compared with the other pigeons is the same colour. Hope this helps.

He breathes normal. Does not open his mouth to breath. Did not like the fact that beak was being held, lol.

Also his eyelid is a light greyish colour and compared with the other pigeons is the same colour. Hope this helps.

well im stumped so  :-/ with there eye lids being a bit grey all depends how grey it would say that there is some form of respretary really what u are looking for is for it too look like glass as a bird closes these when flying but he couldn't be too bad if his beak is staying closed after keeping it closed it means he is breathing ok usually with most major illness respiratory comes along with it could be something as simple as something caught in his throat or his throat scrathed some how will be interestesting when tests come back please let us know