pigeon cant fly

Hi can some one please help me iv got a 6 month old pigeon and it has paired up with another young pigeon i did not plan it but it just happened, the pigeons were in there own box together and flying around the loft when yestaday i noticed the grizzle hen cant fly now and i dont know why, she looks her self walkin no problem but she looks up too fly but cant or wont flap her wings iv checked her for lumps under the wings and on her legs but nothing there but she has dull lokking wockels in stead of brite white one's it has got me baffled. so can some one please help me on this one, Cheers  :( :(

Guest Grasshopper Lofts
Hi can some one please help me iv got a 6 month old pigeon and it has paired up with another young pigeon i did not plan it but it just happened, the pigeons were in there own box together and flying around the loft when yestaday i noticed the grizzle hen cant fly now and i dont know why, she looks her self walkin no problem but she looks up too fly but cant or wont flap her wings iv checked her for lumps under the wings and on her legs but nothing there but she has dull lokking wockels in stead of brite white one's it has got me baffled. so can some one please help me on this one, Cheers  :( :(

hi mate i have one like it myself i have had one also in the past and it was a calcium deficiency, do the birds have access to plenty of grit, i put half a cacium tab down its throat one day then half the followng day and mine was right as rain after a few more days maybe the same thing can only try.. Good lck with her

Guest Grasshopper Lofts
i dont think its para, but the calcium deficiency sounds a possabilty where do u get the calcium tabs from and what are they called, and thanks to all who have answered to this post. :)

Just go to asda or a chemist mate  its just normal calcium tabs we would use ourselves

hi mate i have one like it myself i have had one also in the past and it was a calcium deficiency, do the birds have access to plenty of grit, i put half a cacium tab down its throat one day then half the followng day and mine was right as rain after a few more days maybe the same thing can only try.. Good lck with her

;) thats my guess great advice ;) also add yoghurt to water does them world of good ;)