Pellets etc

Surrey Flyer

I think you could well be surprised by the number of fanciers that feed pellets.

I think this could be true etc, & why would you not feed them at different times & at different %. There is not a grain that we use for pigeons in my view, that has all the minerals & vitamins in them so to speak, that the average pellet has in them. Even Dr Walker will sell them to you  ;D ;D ;D. So they must be good.

Enjoy.

Guest speckled

agree  ya  should look the artical  the  colin  walker  put the  mag  it  speacks  for  it self  shame  some cant read beween the lines after  years of  saying  what  he  wrote  hes a very good flyer very  good vet  some  might differ  but  hes the one  proven  tired tesdted  with  me  in pigeon natural way thinking read the  artical time time again ya nver no ya might learn .but  me i learnt years  ago  about pellets so  read on  think for its  to  late Speck :-/ he  what  this stuff  in  the book   for  young birds sickness lol  leave  ya  to ponder rest  my  case

pellets the only  best thing ;):) speck

agree  ya  should look the artical  the  colin  walker  put the  mag  it  speacks  for  it self  shame  some cant read beween the lines after  years of  saying  what  he  wrote  hes a very good flyer very  good vet  some  might differ  but  hes the one  proven  tired tesdted  with  me  in pigeon natural way thinking read the  artical time time again ya nver no ya might learn .but  me i learnt years  ago  about pellets so  read on  think for its  to  late Speck :-/ he  what  this stuff  in  the book   for  young birds sickness lol  leave  ya  to ponder rest  my  case

pellets the only  best thing ;):) speck

I would never wish to upset one of the women  ;D ;D ;D here Speckled. Yes!!!!!!!!!! he is a very good Vet "Our Dr Spock" so they tell me  ;) ;) ;). Unfortunately !!!!!!!!!!!!, he has been doing it a bit tough on the race track of late  :'( :'( :'( & thats why apparently he is shifting down south, as we say to greener pastures. The poor fellow.

Enjoy.

pigeons are corn feeders only use pellets as a treat or while rearing young :)

in my opinion this is very true , pellets can be good for the right reasons at the right time, but by using pellets alone , you are [in my veiw] making the gizzard redundant ,,,,,the gizzard is a muscle that holds the grit and masticates the grain , like all parts of the pigeon, must be in good working order :)

I am using G10 at the moment but the best i ever used was Red Mills pellets but you cannot seem to get them any more.

Main problem is the price G10 are up to £14 and the P40 are £17.

I dont think there is any problem using pellets as long as they are mixed with the corn at the right ratio. I am using at around 25% mixed with the corn.

Any brand names yet anyone ?

No good me !!!!!!!!!, telling you brand names Celtic  ;) ;) ;), just pop down to your local grain store. Pigeon pellets, turkey pellets & chicken pellets etc all to a degree have much & much the same ingrediants in them. the cost may vary somewhat I imagine thou. My choice is chicken layer pellets with Methionine in them, along with all the other goodies  ;D ;D ;D.

Also !!!!!!!! I'm quite happy to give my stock birds rabbit pellets at times, just terrific for the greens in my view & I've never had any trouble with my birds eating any of them at any stage.

Enjoy.

• 5 weeks later...

I've used cheap layers pellets [with no antibiotics] for bringing up youngsters, at a rate of about 50% [or more] pellets and corn. They are good for birds that are down after a hard race, to bring them back up again quickly because of the high protein and vitamins etc. Also for young bird sickness, as the birds dont puke them up and they dry up wet droppings.