Bob McDonald pigeons

fits

They are Ko Nipius/Aarden based. I purchased a few at his sale in Blackpool a few years back and they have bred me birds to fly out to Penzance. One of the cocks I purchased breeds lovely dark cheqs with feathered legs and his ybs are breeding the same. Reminds me of the old Gits pigeons.

Thanks Paddymac,

it's nice to hear from someone who's racing them.

I have red 07 cock and 4 x 09's 2x dk cheq,light cheq and cheq pied.

They are being kept to breed off. I will be trying one's off them this year.

Regards

Dave

alan your right bob was one of the first to bring in the ko nipios doos think it was in 1966 he still has a section full of them realy nice doos like peas in a pod they do need a cross though they are very inbred now . he also has what he calls the old milly doos and alan if you want i,ll easy take you out sometime no probs.

it would be interesting to see his birds must be 20 yrs since i was last there  them dk pd

jan ardens  as you say robbie  like peas in a pod plus his old distance family the old milnes  where the dogs boll-cks  class stockman  bob  dont make  fanciers like him  now  top man and a real nice guy  

alan you get your daughter to drop you off here and i,ll give you a lift home again no probs . youd be like a bairn ina sweetie shop out in bobs and like you say a realy nice guy who what he dosent know about doos is not worth knowing . and at 85 years young has the attitude that hes still learning a proper gent.

Had a couple of  Ko Nipius cocks off of the Merrick lines  through Phil and Carol Cooke. I tried many hens with them but couldn't get anything from them so I went to the Old Comrades show to purchase some from the Bob McDonald sale a few years ago now. I paid a lot of money for the birds and still didn't get anything from them.

They bred fantastic looking birds but I couldn't keep them beyond the yearling stage. This was so frustrating and cost me about 4/5 seasons keep trying them - I have now ousted all of them. I remember talking to a couple of other fancirs who had similar problems. I am not saying for one minute this was due to Bobs birds but it would seem that the Ko nips didn't suit my methods.

D.D.

Guest Hjaltland

I had birds from Bob some twenty years ago, both the ko nips and the Jimmy Milne families. These were the backbone of what now forms the basis of my birds. I've flown them out across the sea every year since I started. Bob said fly out everything and what comes back  - breed off that - and the returns will improve. Over the years that has been good advice.

These Jan Aarden Ko Nips also handle well and have excellent feathering, you will like them.

Thanks for the information.

i do not know what strain of Bob Mc's he never said, they are all alike to look at and to handle though and very differant to my van reets.

The only thing is out of the 4 young birds 3 are cocks and the 07 bird he gave is also a cock, what strain of hen will add into them to keep them right?

Any idea's

Regards

Dave

With me just starting up i feel Bob has been very kind giving me these ones.

I would not want to be greedy.

I just thought that people already fly these pigeons may have tried and crossed in strains that have done well for them.

As stated before they may need an out crossing.

Regards

Dave

Thanks for your comments.

Last year i paired the 07 red cock to a busheart (loaned to me by Red Cheq hen) and bread a cheq cock and a dak cheq hen they both flew upto 200 miles and i was wondering if the hen would pair to one of the 09 young birds and it would make a good cross back in?

Regards

Dave