NEW COURIER

I think its important for any business to learn to walk before it runs, Premier as with any other courier or business could go spending xxx amount of cash on fancy adverts in the BHW/RP etc - Thats fair enough however they need to consider such an expense and also the affect it would have on the cash flow of the business - All very well having expensive adverts but a little pointless if due to them adverts they cannot put fuel in the van etc

I dont know the finances of this courier or indeed any other but would have thought the chance to advertise in the manner they are doing so (forum etc) is the most cost effective way to start with the business - The fancy adverts will come no doubt when the time is right and the business is fully operational.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can your friend not sign up  it only take a few hours  and give us his  speille  about his prices  ;D
I MUST SAY BIGDEER,I WARNED HIM ABOUT MEMBERS LIKE YOU AS HE IS NOT AS HARD SKINNED LIKE ME :):P.

I think its important for any business to learn to walk before it runs, Premier as with any other courier or business could go spending xxx amount of cash on fancy adverts in the BHW/RP etc - Thats fair enough however they need to consider such an expense and also the affect it would have on the cash flow of the business - All very well having expensive adverts but a little pointless if due to them adverts they cannot put fuel in the van etc

I dont know the finances of this courier or indeed any other but would have thought the chance to advertise in the manner they are doing so (forum etc) is the most cost effective way to start with the business - The fancy adverts will come no doubt when the time is right and the business is fully operational.

sorry for mention it but when some one say they are in it twenty years   advertisind get you work  puting yer head in the sand dosent get you any thing so i wish them well  and hope the dont run out of fuel on route

sorry for mention it but when some one say they are in it twenty years   advertisind get you work  puting yer head in the sand dosent get you any thing so i wish them well  and hope the dont run out of fuel on route

word of mouth can get you as much work as advertising.

The bloke i still rate as about the best courier in the Uk - very rarely advertises in the fancy press (i think i see one advert about 12 months ago) and although a member on this site has never once advertised on it - In fact most wouldnt know he is on here - Yet he still has more than enough work to keep himself occupied every day of the week.

His satisfied customers do his promoting for him and he keeps his prices affordable - Everyone is a winner! - No fancy adverts needed £££££

The bloke i still rate as about the best courier in the Uk - very rarely advertises in the fancy press (i think i see one advert about 12 months ago) and although a member on this site has never once advertised on it - In fact most wouldnt know he is on here - Yet he still has more than enough work to keep himself occupied every day of the week.

His satisfied customers do his promoting for him and he keeps his prices affordable - Everyone is a winner! - No fancy adverts needed £££££

i take it then, he  will  find it hard to push your guy of his perch then.

Quite right Chris, the quality of his service and satisfied customers are his biggest assets. He goes about his business, with no fuss, or aggravation, just an honest bloke doing an honest and reliable job, as I think most couriers are now.

Quite right Chris, the quality of his service and satisfied customers are his biggest assets. He goes about his business, with no fuss, or aggravation, just an honest bloke doing an honest and reliable job, as I think most couriers are now.

totaly agree!

i take it then, he  will  find it hard to push your guy of his perch then.

There isnt a need to push him off his perch, as far as im aware Brian has ample work to keep himself busy as do the other decent couriers im sure though that if Premier was to get 5 customers off this site and did the job well the positive feedback would ensure they built up there own customer base quite quickly.

If Premier offer a customer service even say 70% of how Brian does the in my opinion they will be around for as long as they want to be.

Whiteknight, I did warn you mate but you wouldn't listen, the EXACT same people who constantly had digs at me are the EXACT same people who have come on here in single file to knock you and your mate, I could see it happening a mile off and I was right.   Vallance is right, word of mouth is the way to go and if your mate is any good he'll get all the custom he needs have no doubt about that.   Good luck and sorry to be harsh but I did warn you about this lot.   >:( >:(

Whiteknight, I did warn you mate but you wouldn't listen, the EXACT same people who constantly had digs at me are the EXACT same people who have come on here in single file to knock you and your mate, I could see it happening a mile off and I was right.   Vallance is right, word of mouth is the way to go and if your mate is any good he'll get all the custom he needs have no doubt about that.   Good luck and sorry to be harsh but I did warn you about this lot.   >:( >:(

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;)

best of look to the guy hope the courier service goes well for the bloke like chris said if he gets a good few customers of this forum and they give him good feed back he would start off well ive only used brian's courier service before cracking bloke we needs a good reliable courier service theres alot of good services out there pigeoncouriers.co.uk,pigeonforce and alot more that have done very well with there services best of look to the bloke if he gives a reliable good service to the flyer i would thought the bloke will do very well

all the best

k baker.

i was not talking to you mate, as your are a failed courier if you are the one from wales so but, out :-/

A good 'Inn' needs no bush as they say. (A bush was then a means of advertising).

You Know, we have quite a few couriers now... many of them, even after such a relevantly short while, have ebstablished them selves, so must be doing a fair job. Doubt not for a minute tha they have had a few blips and mishaps. That happens, certain things just can not be legistrated or planned against regardless how well they are detailed. However, those that have remained surely have a decent proven record.

Personally if and when I ever need one, I doubt very much now as too whom I chose.

Having said that, it will get harder each while now for a new courier to set up and get established. But of course many more will I have no doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

Well what a great day out i had yesterday delivering birds to help out matt,met some realy nice people,not as easy as some think 18 houres on the road :( :'( i would have liked to meet wes but his birds were in the other van i hope them birds are ok mate ;).

Well what a great day out i had yesterday delivering birds to help out matt,met some realy nice people,not as easy as some think 18 houres on the road :( :'( i would have liked to meet wes but his birds were in the other van i hope them birds are ok mate ;).

Whiteknight, your right mate its not easy far from it but like your mate its what we enjoy doing me myself have done it for over 12 years now. You can come & do one of my runs next week then out for 3 / 4 days solid the only people you see is the fanciers, the petrol station staff & sometimes the drive threw crewe @ McDonalds  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D