2005 Online Pigeon Show

snowy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think thats a good idea of snowy ,we could actually have a show on the forum, with the pigeons i mean[ if it were the members, ladbrookes would make me money on]of course we would have to wait on the birds moulting , but entries could allways be taken any body interested or any ideas, its allways a bit of fun   and off course speckled wouldnt be allowed to put her chicken in  [ ill suffer for that[ ;D ;D ;D

Wouldn't be too quick on excluding the chickens, Jimmy.  ;D

Funniest, most interesting, 'best community' advert I ever saw was a short programme on TV on a Yorkshire Dales village 'Chicken race'. Whole village participates in the event, birds of all shapes, sizes and colours (absolutely beautiful) and matching owners   ;D  with a race track, finishing line, cup, rosettes, bookies, betting, the lot.

But the stars were the chickens on the track. And the tricks used to try and get them to the finish line in less than a day.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Yes great idea about getting our birds up for all to see.What classes should we put up and shouldnt this be in the photos section.As for a judge couldnt the webmaster put up a voting system where we all vote for our best choices but not aloud to vote for your own.i have seen this on other forums.

Guest Doostalker

Great idea about the online show. It could be real serious stuff like, Best YB Best OB etc.

We could have some fun classes like they have at agricultural shows eg owner and pigeon most alike (Jimmy White comparing nose/wattles to his oldest cock) Best looking pair (owner and pigeon)  anything really. It would be good to keep the fun going over the winter. :D :D

Hyacinth, from looking at your website, which is great by the way, it looks like you have lots of snow in winter. I take it that you spend a lot of your time shovelling it away!!  ??) Here in Scotland we will probably spend most of our time growing webbed feet!!  ::) ::)

SOMEONE WILL HAVE TO TEACH ME HOW TO SEND IN GOOD PHOTO,S THOUGH JUST CAN,T SEEM TO GET THE HANG OF IT,CAN YOU TAKE GOOD ONE,S ON A MOBILE PHONE AND SEND IN SOMEHOW OR IS IT BEST TO GET ONE OF THOSE DIGITAL CAMERAS.I THINK THE QUALITY OF THE PHOTO,S ON HERE ARE FANTASTIC SO HOPEFULLY I SHALL SOON ABLE TO SEND SOME IN ALSO.CERTAINLY SOUNDS GREAT THE ON LINE SHOW.

I think an on line show is a fantastic idea for winter and I hope Webmaster can set some form of peer judging.

I think we may have to wait a few weeks for our birds to get through the molt, but this is certainly something to look forward to.

Go with the poll system here.

Suggested Classes

Young Cock

Young Hen

Old Racing Cock

Old Racing Hen

Stock Cock

Stock Hen

Golden Oldies (birds 10 years or older)

Channel Birds Cocks and Hens

I'd love to see everyones birds though I personnaly wouldn't  be able to vote in a poll - I have no experience of birds.  What about a class for novices, young handlers (or in my case old handlers) and what about the fancy pigeons or would it be just racing pigeons?

i would go along with hyacinth but add to it   ,,the grand final best in show,,,

but would i be able to enter in the golden oldies???    i think it would all be good fun , and keep things going a bit   and if it were the owners like the pigeons, i would win that ,ive bigger wattles than the old stock cock in the loft,,,,,i wouldnt really say i have a big nose, but if you could have seen me flicking the hymn book over at church on sunday, you wouldnt have thought it possible,  ha ha

I was thinking, (I've often been warned about that) but we have several contributors including myself who have show Birds,(I have Chinese Owls and New York Domestic show Flights) I'm sure we can put something in for these.

Guest Doostalker

Hyacinth, you are right. We shouldn't limit it only to racers. We should make this as wide as possible to promote all aspects of keeping pigeons. Someone will need to com eup with the classification for the fancy birds though.

Guest beautyhomer

Hi Peckedhen,

The nearest championship show to you is the Lancashire Show Pigeon Society's annual show held at Cliteroe auction.This is held one weekend in the middle of November.I do not have an exact date at the moment but will post it up when I do.This is an all breeds show catering for fancy,flying and show racers.

Regards Andrew

If anyone round the merseyside area, north west there is a great show down at shotton every monday. great prize money paid and loads of cracking lads there. people travel from far awide to get there. need any more info get in touch