IS THIS A SCAM?

goggs

HI MEMBERS.......I SOLD PROVEN PAIR OF STOCK PIGEONS TO A FANCIER IN MIDDLESBRO IN DECEMBER. THIS PAIR I BOUGHT FROM A PROMINENT FANCIER AS YOUNGBIRDS IN LATE 2005, AS YEARLINGS IN 2006 I TOOK 4 ROUNDS OF EGGS FROM THEM .......EVERY EGG WAS FULL.........IN 2007 I TOOK 5 ROUNDS OF EGGS FROM THEM ....AGAIN EVERY EGG FULL. THIS CERTAIN FANCIER BOUGHT THE STOCK PAIR FROM ME IN DECEMBER 2007, ONLY LAST WEEK HE PHONED ME TO SAY THAT AFTER TAKING 3 SETS OF EGGS FROM THEM NONE OF THE EGGS WERE FULL.....TO ME THIS DOESNT SEEM RIGHT.....I OFFERED TO TAKE BACK THE PAIR WHICH HE WAS DELIGHTED ABOUT AND I WOULD REFUND HIM IN FULL. IT JUST WORRIES ME THAT THIS FANCIER MAY BE DOING THIS REGULARLY BY A COMMENT HE MADE ABOUT THIS HAPPENING WITH SOME OTHER STOCK PIGEONS HE HAD BOUGHT AND AFTER HAVING THEM 3 OR 4 MONTHS SAYING THEY WERENT FILLING THEIR EGGS.......WHAT A CHEAP WAY OF GETTING 6 OR 8 YOUNGBIRDS FOR FREE FROMPROVEN STOCK BIRDS....IF ANYBODY HAS HAD A SIMILIAR EXPERIENCE FROM A MIDDLESBRO FANCIER PLEASE PM ME...YOURS IN SPORT GOGGS.

in october 2002 we sold a 5 year old to a london fancier. in april 2003 he phoned us say the hen did not lay 1 egg. we could not apologise enough and sent him every single penny he paid out and fetched the bird back. we paired it up and bred 6 young birds out of her.we were very angry about this but what can you do but live and learn.

tell them you will take birds back and pair them. if they don't fill the eggs, you will give a full refund. if they do fill you keep the birds plus no refund. if they are genuine i am sure they will agree. if they don't agree, they have something to hide, therefore tell them, sorry, but no refund ;)

I would tell him to pair them to other birds to prove which (if any) is barren, then offer to refund or replace the barren one. The other way is to replace it rather than refund it. If these are 2005 birds it sounds very dodgy indeed.

Guest TAMMY_1
tell them you will take birds back and pair them. if they don't fill the eggs, you will give a full refund. if they do fill you keep the birds plus no refund. if they are genuine i am sure they will agree. if they don't agree, they have something to hide, therefore tell them, sorry, but no refund ;)

This is a top suggestion you have posted and makes great sense.

I would tell him to pair them to other birds to prove which (if any) is barren, then offer to refund or replace the barren one. The other way is to replace it rather than refund it. If these are 2005 birds it sounds very dodgy indeed.

If any, it could only be the cock that is barron, as he says the hen laid 3 rounds, all empty :-/ sounds like a right t...er to me >:(

I also think this is the best solution to the problem :-/

I think it could be genuine, i have a 04 cock bird that filled 6 eggs last year, this year 1 up to now out of 4 eggs.

I have another 06 bird hopefully 2 out of 4 up to now.

I have normally got 50 ybs by now, but this year 33, I think the weather and cold winds have a factor on this, been really bad here this year. (never known such cold winds).

Ps i live about 14 miles form Boro.

But if he is taking the Pi** then people need to know, I would believe him after such a short period but not after 3-4 months.

Dave

I leant some birds to a friend of mine last year to get him started again, most of them bred well but 2 hens/pairs did not.

I had the birds back in the winter and they are all just hatching 2nd rounds, we just put it down to the birds not being settled in a different loft.

I think we shold all note these wise words...

To find the one that is not filing just open the egg if the yolk is perfect it is the cock that is not filling if the yolk is running into the white, ie yolk + white mixed then the hen is not filling. He may have treated them with something that stopped them filling or he maybe trying to float theses eggs and not putting them straight under foster parents or keeping them in the right temp until they can be fostered. Anyway I would only give refund when I had tried them myself.

Guest VINNIE

hi going back some years in the late 70s i knew a fancier who sold his no1 stock pair for A lot of money the buyer had them for quite a long time couldnt get any thing out of them so he threw them out they went back to the fancier who owned them before they went back to their old box and within time were down on eggs he offered his money back but he said no this man had more money than sense so sometimes when you take pigeons from one loft to another and they get a difference nest box they may not settle also they are use to that fanciers routine this normally happens with older pigeons sometimes they need time to settle in their new surroundings cheers vinnie

To find the one that is not filing just open the egg if the yolk is perfect it is the cock that is not filling if the yolk is running into the white, ie yolk + white mixed then the hen is not filling. He may have treated them with something that stopped them filling or he maybe trying to float theses eggs and not putting them straight under foster parents or keeping them in the right temp until they can be fostered. Anyway I would only give refund when I had tried them myself.

had a pigeon once, a cock, a small one called jason aspley, he was infertile, as they come..

• Advert: Morray Firth One Loft Classic
  • Advert: M.A.C. Lofts Pigeon Products
  • Advert: RV Woodcraft
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders