Jump to content

Kyleakin Lofts

Members
  • Posts

    25,003
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyleakin Lofts

  1. This would be the main starting point. Anything else will take time, but if it was started for purely financial reasons it would be better than nothing. The BICC and BBC are managing to start talking to each other over Barcelona, so SNFC and SNRPC could do the same. Good positive post. Let's hope it happens.
  2. Hope it happens Stuart. Even if it is only cost driven at this stage, it makes sense.
  3. For me, the negative with closed in loft is the lack of direct sunshine for the birds as well as the PFL problems that can occur in these lofts. I understand the temps are essential for the early sprints, but a slow build up for the distance when the weather should have improved means an open loft should not be a problem.
  4. Thanks Roly, with you now.
  5. Good offer.
  6. Roland, I don't follow this. Surely the chimneys must vent to the outside? Good detail Walter. More like the old fashioned lofts.
  7. No treatments at any time if possible. I intend to learn how to work a microscope so I can have an inkling if there is any problems, then after a professional test to confirm my findings I would treat accordingly. Once I think I have learned enough I may omit the professional test.
  8. Exactly what I was meaning.
  9. Excellent reading and for distance enthusiasts, the longest race must be the grail.
  10. Far too many!!!
  11. :)
  12. If all your YB's are off him, it will certainly let you know just how good he is. He might take on 2 hens at a time, but he will be busy with feeding, so wouldn't attempt to race him as well.
  13. He gave them stale beans last year, so they wouldnae get back from the races.
  14. :)
  15. :)
  16. Happy birthday.
  17. There are no corridors under a bridge.
  18. Shouldn't stop the talking and good of John to co-ordinate it. Even if Lanarkshire didn't go for it, the others possibly would, so it could still be a goer. Joint convoying would save a fair amount of costs for a fair amount of fanciers.
  19. Walter, too many people thinking Amalgamation / Combine instead of thinking joint convoying for the sake of the pigeons and the future.
  20. I have designed a corridor through the middle so that I can have 1 trap for life for all the birds.
  21. That's easy, I'm sure everyone will agree today is someday, oneday, birthday, Monday, weekday.
  22. Good John!!! Let's get it on. As has been pointed out, there are difficulties to be overcome, but if anything is worth doing, it is very rarely easy. Keep it simple. For this year, 2014, the first thing to be sorted must be joint convoying. This will no doubt have several difficulties to overcome, but if the Officials get their teeth into it, I am sure success is just down the road a little bit.
×
×
  • Create New...