Jump to content

Kyleakin Lofts

Members
  • Posts

    25,003
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyleakin Lofts

  1. Eurocentral to you will only be around 5 miles or so, but certainly no more than 10 miles. They'll be ranging much further. Once you start tossing, they will stop ranging. The basket is a mental thing, it gets their heads right. You need them to learn how to orientate, but I think they are better equipped to do that on their own. Mental training can wait as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how many you have, but you could try splitting them to compare how your free ranging ones do compared to the mentally prepared ones. The main thing is to develop a system that suits you and your personal circumstances. Make the pigeons fit in to your life and don't make your life centre on the pigeons.
  2. You'll get a mass of different answers. It all depends on your own situation and outlook. I let them run all winter and train and race light during their first year. Other will train them during October / November then give some early races. Some will do the above, but send the to the later comeback races or as trainers to the YB races. Just a few scenarios.
  3. :D
  4. Good morning all.
  5. Canny be, that's mega thick.
  6. Good morning all.
  7. Happy birthday.
  8. Good morning all.
  9. Happy birthday.
  10. Good morning all.
  11. I always have some barley in my feed. The amount varies throughout the year. After the moult they could go up to around 50%, currently around 10 - 15%.
  12. Good morning all.
  13. Happy birthday Dave.
  14. Nice pictures.
  15. Good morning all.
  16. I would think there is a lot of merit in the old ways. The knack would be blending the old with the modern.
  17. Fraserburgh - A Higgins - 01346 513834
  18. Well done all.
  19. Well done Billy and what a good way to ensure feedback on your breeding system and to show your appreciation.
×
×
  • Create New...