Training Young Birds,

THE FIFER

sapper had my young birds over the Forth yesterday, when we got home a large batch just came flying over ,we thought not ours, until some started turning and flapping their wings, yes ours with 5 missing, the large batch kept heading away, later on I got 2 then 1, so still 2 AWOL, so lets you see there is clashing when training young birds, plenty in the sky, lots nowadays breed large teams of youngsters,

Training has been going great. About 7 or 8 tosses in and only lost 2. First race, 2 down and one of them is in a loft in Larkhall, so should be home soon. Next trainer with the un-raced ones ......... horror toss. Eventually ended with 17 / 30. Next day another 4. That leaves 9 adrift and one was reported dead. 8 lost in that one toss. Still hoping for some more to return, but it is becoming increasingly more unlikely. Hopefully that will be the only bad one, but I very much doubt it. :)

Training has been going great. About 7 or 8 tosses in and only lost 2. First race, 2 down and one of them is in a loft in Larkhall, so should be home soon. Next trainer with the un-raced ones ......... horror toss. Eventually ended with 17 / 30. Next day another 4. That leaves 9 adrift and one was reported dead. 8 lost in that one toss. Still hoping for some more to return, but it is becoming increasingly more unlikely. Hopefully that will be the only bad one, but I very much doubt it. :)

How far

How far

Up your neck of the woods, 20 miles. Had them out East to 20 miles, no problems. These ones are for the North, so up to Stepps area, first time, bang. Hopefully be OK for the next few. Not had a problem there before, but just your luck no matter where you go nowadays.

On the plus side, another one back within the last hour. :)