East Winds

kapri 07

We flew our open race from Leicester and it was a belter with many birds missing on the day. I saw the forecast and when I saw the weather especially the thunderstorms down south I decided to keep most of mine at home glad I did. I honestly feel that when there is electricity in the atmosphere it does something to the pigeons. When there is an air show this also seems to do something to them. We race predominately down the East Coast and when we get an East wind the birds usually will keep there line, however, racing from the middle of the country this can cause the birds to race up the West coast and get hit by raptors all the way up. I sent only 5 and got 4 home.

drummondp842 says' ..... I honestly feel that when there is electricity in the atmosphere it does something to the pigeons....' Very true. When birds are milling there is electric in the air. Age known. Swallows etc. fly higher etc. Heavy rain / and even lightening in place will follow.

Oh how I've hated that face in the mirror in past times when ignored what nature is and does etc.

But then what the heck too many say.

The worst excuse is listening to those saying 'If some can and will do it WHY not all'?! Words of fools. Time after time it is proven that they can't and don't. Indeed many, very many actually, good birds don't and didn't! Fed winners etc. included a like.

Mind, it is often a matter of Costs! Losses Verses / Against hold overs I guess. 'What about 'Next Week'! Well one thing for sure and again proven 'Birdage WILL be down'! Now that's a fact!