Planning

Guest Redadam

If i was to start with pigeons in my back garden do i need planning permmison

Best thing I did beforehand was talk to my neighbors and explain things and dispel myths about pigeons because 9 out of 10 people see them as vermin that sh@te everywhere !! Also helps is ye get on with them !!

I wouldn't contact the council for starters ... certainly not a wise move. Unknowing ones ascertaining guesses lol. Trying to impress and spout rubbish... but making a rod for your back. Great case in Leicester a while back how a fellow battled with the council who kept coming back with other arguments ... High court over them and gave him costs and then some.

Just put a loft up. Has to be a little from the back door -- or front lol - a metre or so I think, but don't quote that. and not about 8 foot high. Some get away with 12 foot high, but then who really cares?

No one.

Plus remember that they are classed as live stock and as such no hosepipe ban is relevant lol.

Good post from Johnc, and remember too that if renting then legal you own the house whilst doing so ... so no rules can vary from Owner to renter!

If you go on your local authority website under planning they will have link to planning portal this will take you to what they call interactive house the picture shows house outbuildings fences etc click on the he'd and it will give you all the current regulations ie height distance from other buildings fences etc If I can find the link I will try and post if https://www.planningportal.co.uk/ hope this works if it does scroll to bottom and you will see interactive section