Feeding Hens

sparko

I have a problem being a novice with my hens being heavy come race day, I race roundabout and the cocks flew very well today 1668m/min and I missed out of a win by a couple of seconds so they are fine. I let the cocks out twice a day 5.30am and 3pm but only once a day for the hens due to work etc I have been feeding the same times for the hens but they are heavy and just don't seem to fly in afternoon when let out more like a couple of minutes then wanting in so I'm presuming I have a feeding problem with them so can anyone who races similar and does well give me some guiders as to lightening them up and also getting them to fly when let out we race 80 up to 250 miles .you can pm me if you want to keep it private atb nick

Nick I would cut back on the hens feeding and introduce 1/4 barley to their mix.

im on 1 soup spoon morning and night at the moment and them on 50% depure 50% gerry this week slightly better but they look like thay have been on steroids :/ not nice and lean and a bit leady in the hand on basket day

With hens the idea ive found build em up till monday, then break them down till wednesday, then build up again thursday and friday. Work them hard if possible hens thrive on graft and it stops them going lesbian

thats pretty much what ive been doing they just seem to have stopped flying around loft ,they was doing between 40 to an hour once a day but have just switched off for whatever reason so would you flag them to make them fly ?

The birds shouldnt be heavy if you are doing it similar to me sparko? Hens do not need to be forced to fly, they fly better then what young birds do ranging.

Put your actual system up,saturday to friday, supplements as well and also if they have been treated for anything

The birds shouldnt be heavy if you are doing it similar to me sparko? Hens do not need to be forced to fly, they fly better then what young birds do ranging.

Put your actual system up,saturday to friday, supplements as well and also if they have been treated for anything

pm sent