Brother Printer Hl 14

walterboswell59

got a second hand brother hl 14 lazer printer to print off when im training my birds just fitted a new cartridge and its going through the motions but no print just blank paper when trying to print off whats on my clock orange data light comes on dont know if its supposed anyone any idea

got a second hand brother hl 14 lazer printer to print off when im training my birds just fitted a new cartridge and its going through the motions but no print just blank paper when trying to print off whats on my clock orange data light comes on dont know if its supposed anyone any idea

Did you take tape aff cartridge

dont see any tape steven where would it be its a massive cartridge compared to the wee epsom one i had

Sometimes they have a protective bit of plastic or tape you have to remove from a new cartridge. Usually yellow.

whits that aboot just plugged it into my clock where would drivers go lost me now which is not hard when it comes to this stuff lol

Sorry Walter thought ye were using it on yer computer........which might be the best idea to check its working. Just plug in yer USB and the pc/laptop should do the rest

if it does not work off the clock its no good to me stevie computer is in the living room and the printer is outside beside my clock some of the guys on here use them maybe one them will be able to help our club has one but our sec is away on holiday the wee epsom one just plugged into the clock and away it went now ive got one one the size of a spin dryer and it will not go lol

Disconnect from clock, turn off and follow these instructions to get the printer to print a test page, this will tell you if the problem is with the actual printer or the printer/clock setup.

1 Turn off the printer.

2 Make sure that the front cover is closed and the power cord is plugged in.

3 Hold down the Control panel button as you turn on the power switch. All the LEDs light up and then

go off again. Keep the Control panel button pressed down until the Drum LED comes on. When

the Drum LED comes on, release the Control panel button.

4 Press the Control panel button again. The printer will print a test page.

user manual for this printer

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/21957/Brother-Hl-1430.html

Disconnect from clock, turn off and follow these instructions to get the printer to print a test page, this will tell you if the problem is with the actual printer or the printer/clock setup.

1 Turn off the printer.

2 Make sure that the front cover is closed and the power cord is plugged in.

3 Hold down the Control panel button as you turn on the power switch. All the LEDs light up and then

go off again. Keep the Control panel button pressed down until the Drum LED comes on. When

the Drum LED comes on, release the Control panel button.

4 Press the Control panel button again. The printer will print a test page.

user manual for this printer

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/21957/Brother-Hl-1430.html

thanks soupie did what you said and got a test printout ok but still blank pages when pressing printout on my unikon clock