Barren Hen

plumber

I have a hen which was purchased for a considerable sum at a late bred sale in 2013. She went through the whole of last season without laying being tried with 3 different cocks. I split her up early hoping that she would be OK for this year but she shows no sign of laying and all other birds are now sitting a few days. During the winter when I bought her I noticed her wing drooping very slightly, but she has been otherwise OK. Is there a chance that floating eggs under her and allowing her to rear might kick-start her ovaries and allow her to start laying? She is very well bred and I am desperate to get ybs off her. Any advice would be appreciated.

it may work floating eggs beneath her . i would be sorely tempted to get your money back , and not a replacement bird :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

As this was a latebred the seller can't be responsible, but a good seller would give a replacement bird.

I wouldn't blame the seller because a latebred is barren.

I have a hen which was purchased for a considerable sum at a late bred sale in 2013. She went through the whole of last season without laying being tried with 3 different cocks. I split her up early hoping that she would be OK for this year but she shows no sign of laying and all other birds are now sitting a few days. During the winter when I bought her I noticed her wing drooping very slightly, but she has been otherwise OK. Is there a chance that floating eggs under her and allowing her to rear might kick-start her ovaries and allow her to start laying? She is very well bred and I am desperate to get ybs off her. Any advice would be appreciated.

"during the winter when i bought her i noticed her wing drooping very slightly ," for me , theres a small glow of a light-bulb there :emoticon-0138-thinking:

As this was a latebred the seller can't be responsible, but a good seller would give a replacement bird.I wouldn't blame the seller because a latebred is barren.

i do agree with the "good seller" part of your statement . yet my opinion differs to yours regarding the rest :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: