Liverpool Amal. "Recommendation"

Guest Vic

It seems that the inland merchants in Liverpool want to knock a channel race or two, off the racing programme for the 2009 season. A "recommendation"  meeting has been called,  by a certain clique, to have comeback races. This will automatically reduce the number of channel races that we have. The call for this meeting, hasn't  come from one of the Amal clubs, but through a few spoilers, under the guise of vice presidents.  They must have  had their own "meeting" surely? to put this "recommendation"  forward. Can half a dozen be allowed to alter the normal racing programme by their clandestine behaviour? I was always under the impression, that any changes whatsoever, had to come from an Amal club.      

I believe their reason (or excuse) has something to do with the quarantine procedure set by DEFRA. Whereby you can only send a pigeon fortnightly.  Nobody, has suffered more from this, than myself. I believe that my birds excel, on hard work, and unless I win this week., it will be the first time I haven't won a channel race for over thirty years.Some years my birds will fly five out of the six channel races. I sent eight last week to neer on 400 mile, and although off the pace, put seven in the clock. Tonight, we marked for the 500 miler and four of last weeks birds look as good, if not better, than the ones that have gone tonight. Sad ain't it? Surely the quarantine will not be here next year!  

It seems that the inland merchants in Liverpool want to knock a channel race or two, off the racing programme for the 2009 season. A "recommendation"  meeting has been called,  by a certain clique, to have comeback races. This will automatically reduce the number of channel races that we have. The call for this meeting, hasn't  come from one of the Amal clubs, but through a few spoilers, under the guise of vice presidents.  They must have  had their own "meeting" surely? to put this "recommendation"  forward. Can half a dozen be allowed to alter the normal racing programme by their clandestine behaviour? I was always under the impression, that any changes whatsoever, had to come from an Amal club.      

could we not stay the same as now (6 channel) but use our own transporter to have a coast race on the samedays. sent 5 to niort this week never sent last week so i could have a go, first time for me 501 MILES.

could we not stay the same as now (6 channel) but use our own transporter to have a coast race on the samedays. sent 5 to niort this week never sent last week so i could have a go, first time for me 501 MILES.

I can't see that happening John. Good luck from Niort.

Vic

Does this mean the end of the North West Combine

can the Amal afford to go over the water on their own

The Wirral will vote for 6, but the channel programme is on the decline now so not too sure how the rest will go

John

John,  We will have to wait and see, but it looks like the thin end of the wedge to me.

sounds like the perfect answer to me let the channel lads mark at 1 central place and let the inland lads mark at another place

then every one will be covered and the liverpool amal transporter will be getting used

pault

Guest bigda

this seems to be a problem all over the country as the  delegates are mostly  distance orientated  and at times  represent them self in the decisions, rather than there feds or clubs.    They never vote for  all  inland races as they are your voice but want distance ,but  will not pay any more than  they have to, but use your club as a piggy back  ride to there aims  the problem with the feds are the  elected  are  set in there ways  club racing is only training to them on the cheep there is  plenty of distance

racing going on  but they will not go it alone  so novices  are kept  and  sprint racers  are  only  just tolerated  

Bigda

How can they represent themselves, all delegates are mandated by their clubs feds etc. The problem lies with nobody turning up to club meeting and fed meetings then decisions get passed and people complain. When you ask them did they vote they say I was not at the meeting... Enough said.

In our fed we have 16 races inland and 6 over the channel how is that catering for the distance men??

John

Guest bigda
Bigda

How can they represent themselves, all delegates are mandated by their clubs feds etc. The problem lies with nobody turning up to club meeting and fed meetings then decisions get passed and people complain. When you ask them did they vote they say I was not at the meeting... Enough said.

In our fed we have 16 races inland and 6 over the channel how is that catering for the distance men??

John

as you say, but where  dose the novice or the  sprint man fit in to racing, as they are not the  minority, but are the back bone of the racing game, you see the distance  flier, has only distance  in his head,  but there is a lot of other racing to be done before the  distance is involved, you say people don"t  turn up,  show me the meeting that has  there agenda solely for the sprint racer, or novice to be voted in to office, (99%) :X of officials in any club  like to  control the  distance racing and thats a fact.

Guest peter.j

it seems to me the pigeon game is the same as many others pigeon fanciers put the people who are making these decisions in to there positions so they can remove them if there not being represented properly. BUT as with most other things the majority keep quiet while a minority fight and bend over backwards to have things sorted to almost everyones advantage and when its all gone to pot the fella who did sweet f.a is the loudest moaner telling you how hes been screwed with new rules or regs passed rant over ....yis pete

Paul

Will the writing then be on the wall for the end of the combine?????

John

i dont think so john

what makes you think that you will still be able to send with the combine and the inland lads will be racing aswell after all there is enough distance racing about with the midland and nfc and 2 bird clubs over the pond but the inland lads have non of this

some of the liverpool lads would send to rainhill opens but alas they are no more and i think the west derby had them at one time

i think my idea suits every one  

ps only 5 member sent over the pond from my club with only 29 birds going

Guest bigda

50-250 and then the officialdom take over  bigger prize money for  350+500  races at   this distance , no mention of 1,000 prize moneys for   50-250 mile races why not because the minority think  they  have no chance of wining it. and would not support it  and thats a fact, fed delegates have  him self first, then  distance second, then the club third, so in your own clubs and feds  think who is representing you  and make it known  that you expect equality you pay the same fee but  are over looked  so take note . dose a turkey vote for Christmas, but it is forced to comply and fill the need

Guest peter.j
50-250 and then the officialdom take over  bigger prize money for  350+500  races at   this distance , no mention of 1,000 prize moneys for   50-250 mile races why not because the minority think  they  have no chance of wining it. and would not support it  and thats a fact, fed delegates have  him self first, then  distance second, then the club third, so in your own clubs and feds  think who is representing you  and make it known  that you expect equality you pay the same fee but  are over looked  so take note . dose a turkey vote for Christmas, but it is forced to comply and fill the need

hear hear as they say in the big club house at westminster...pete

i dont think so john

what makes you think that you will still be able to send with the combine and the inland lads will be racing aswell after all there is enough distance racing about with the midland and nfc and 2 bird clubs over the pond but the inland lads have non of this

some of the liverpool lads would send to rainhill opens but alas they are no more and i think the west derby had them at one time

Paul,  It seems that we are reverting back to the SDU days. (Milers) The racing of the future will be FROM Rainhill, if some guys (all ex SDU get their way)  They should all be in Rainhill  (MENTAL HOME) I think. They will kill the game in Liverpool by their greediness.

There is a difference you know, between a "donkey derby" and the Epsom Derby.

lol.

Guest bigda
There is a difference you know, between a "donkey derby" and the Epsom Derby.

lol.

thats only because  the  old codgers are at the helm just now changes  are a coming ;D ;D 8)