beware if having a auction in ireland

Guest blythy1

Guest blythy1
Did I read it right, £99 for 26 birds? Less that 4 quid apiece?

yes mate but we had to pay £400 to get them to and back from ireland so it cost trever about £300 to have a sale.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blythy1
i don't see why he can't be named and shamed, if he was working for you and you never got the service you expected then he broke the contrac. >:(

he has been shamed mate. his name is on here.

there was an auctioneer at blackpool he just kept going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and  on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on sold

he was irish i think mcgarry was his name in the conservative club

i thought the same about one man in one particular auction

reg renwick i think

• 4 weeks later...
Its adie mc cormick pearse, the same person you bought your ets off. New kid on the block is steve mc garry.

I have watched this thread with interest and have to say I am very very suprised to see that Adie has failed to respond to the questions raised,especially as he is a member of Pigeon Basics and more importantly he is never afraid to tell eveyone just how wonderfull he thinks he is ...

Just brings to mind that old saying "Self praise is no recommendation" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Mr Edwards from Birmingham should join the forum and tell us of his expeirences!!!!!!!!!

I have watched this thread with interest and have to say I am very very suprised to see that Adie has failed to respond to the questions raised,especially as he is a member of Pigeon Basics and more importantly he is never afraid to tell eveyone just how wonderfull he thinks he is ...

Just brings to mind that old saying "Self praise is no recommendation" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Mr Edwards from Birmingham should join the forum and tell us of his expeirences!!!!!!!!!

sounds like there are more tales to tell!  :-/

Ian , Do you think that other guy , ( Gator ) will have any input to this thread . he was  gobby on another site , then again from what i gather he's keeping his head down ;D ;D ;D

Ian , Do you think that other guy , ( Gator ) will have any input to this thread . he was  gobby on another site , then again from what i gather he's keeping his head down ;D ;D ;D

I doubt very much if we will ever hear from Mr Gators1 again  ;) ;)  mores the pity I may add as Id love the chance to sit down with the guy and chew the fat over some of the things he said.

Cant understand we he suddenly decided to retire from the sport ???

Just an update..since you mentioned Gators I have recieved at least three confirmed sightings of Gators1 in Northern Ireland of all places  ;) ;)

It seems he has left Florida for the sun kissed life in N.Ireland  ;D ;D

village idiot!! he aint so clean either!!!

This isnt about McGarry Mick ..try ringing Steve Edwards and ask him about his expierences ...do it and hear what he has to say !!!! Hear how much he had to pay and his auctions didnt even taake place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And while you mention McGarry....name me one auctioneer who is squeaky clean?????

Guest Gareth Rankin

try ringing Steve Edwards and ask him about his expierences ...do it and hear what he has to say !!!! Hear how much he had to pay and his auctions didnt even taake place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the one with the rental accommodation that was equivalent to the Hilton.

This isnt about McGarry Mick ..try ringing Steve Edwards and ask him about his expierences ...do it and hear what he has to say !!!! Hear how much he had to pay and his auctions didnt even taake place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And while you mention McGarry....name me one auctioneer who is squeaky clean?????

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .....ME!!!!!...... ;) ;)

Hi Ian

Im still learning but still keeping it clean to boot!!! ;) I take alot of pride in my auctions and enjoy getting the right birds at the right prices for my customers (buyers)!!! I work equally as hard for the seller and the buyer and im happy to say that, but when it comes down to price that is strickly set by the guys in the room, the quality by the seller and the service by me!!!

Stuart

Hi Ian

Im still learning but still keeping it clean to boot!!! ;) I take alot of pride in my auctions and enjoy getting the right birds at the right prices for my customers (buyers)!!! I work equally as hard for the seller and the buyer and im happy to say that, but when it comes down to price that is strickly set by the guys in the room, the quality by the seller and the service by me!!!

Stuart

Stuart ..the sport needs more auctioneers like you and RJ and until we have them the ordinary fancier in the street is at the mercy of some very unscrupulous people to say the least !!!!

It seems that some of these guys really are starting to believe their own hype and unfortunately some are using the weekly pigeon papers as their own personal advertising tools...Ive spoken to the editor of the BHW regarding these matters and when I asked him if I could have a couple of free adverts in the BHW he obviously said no ..when I asked why a couple of so called scribes were able to use their columns to promote both themselves as auctioneers and every tom,dick and harry they see a potential sale in, he didnt know what to say...

We have a couple of clowns over here, both North and South of the border, who think they have carte blanche to do whatever they want and the really sad part is they feel they are above both the rules and regulations of their respective governing bodies and more importantly they seem to have no grasp of common decency...

Stuart ..the sport needs more auctioneers like you and RJ and until we have them the ordinary fancier in the street is at the mercy of some very unscrupulous people to say the least !!!!

It seems that some of these guys really are starting to believe their own hype and unfortunately some are using the weekly pigeon papers as their own personal advertising tools...Ive spoken to the editor of the BHW regarding these matters and when I asked him if I could have a couple of free adverts in the BHW he obviously said no ..when I asked why a couple of so called scribes were able to use their columns to promote both themselves as auctioneers and every tom,dick and harry they see a potential sale in, he didnt know what to say...

We have a couple of clowns over here, both North and South of the border, who think they have carte blanche to do whatever they want and the really sad part is they feel they are above both the rules and regulations of their respective governing bodies and more importantly they seem to have no grasp of common decency...

Great post which only scratches the surface I feel