SHU disallowing RPRA rings with lugs removed

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest frank dooman

there is no doubt the rpra made a pigs ear of just jumping in with they rings and then a load of fanciers threw the toys out the pram and to my surprise they came up with the one you could take the lugs OFF  that was even worse than there first mistake but  the fanciers that cut them off didnt help them self doing it and so i agree that any union that classes them as tampered rings are quite within there rights they are tampered with and i think the fanciers that took them off might regret it later as they are not the best of quality to start with JMO

there is no doubt the rpra made a pigs ear of just jumping in with they rings and then a load of fanciers threw the toys out the pram and to my surprise they came up with the one you could take the lugs that was even worse than there fist mistake but  the fanciers that cut them off didnt help them self doing it and so i agree that any union that classes them as tampered rings are quite within there rights they are tampered with and i think they might regret it later as they are not the best of quality to start with JMO

QUITE RIGHT FRANK ONCE THE RING IS COMPRIMISED ITS LEFT PEN TO FURTHER TAMPERERING N THERES ALWAYS SOME CHEATN GIT WILLING TO TRY

there is no doubt the rpra made a pigs ear of just jumping in with they rings and then a load of fanciers threw the toys out the pram and to my surprise they came up with the one you could take the lugs OFF  that was even worse than there first mistake but  the fanciers that cut them off didnt help them self doing it and so i agree that any union that classes them as tampered rings are quite within there rights they are tampered with and i think the fanciers that took them off might regret it later as they are not the best of quality to start with JMO

got to agree with you frank crazy allowing fanciers to file the lugs off and shu quite right to not accept them.

In response to those who are crying in their milk about the shu not allowing tampered rings to participate in shu recognised events. the rules were in place before these lugs appeared, rule states quite clearly that you cannot tamper in ANY way with the life ring. the union would be in a right mess if we changed the rules every time the bleaters put their nebs in. the shu will continue to offer members the choice of which rings they want for as long as is possible. end of!

The SHU have not NOW! decided to ban rings with lugs cut off. It has always been the case that if you tamper in ANY way with the life ring the bird is disqualified from competition. The rpra have moved their goalposts the shu, myself included, voted against changing the rule to allow this. The rpra should have had the foresight to offer members the choice of ring as we have, changing rules to accommodate very very few cannot be an option. That rule is very important.