Training Young Birds

i start at 12 miles 6 tosses then 20 6 to 8 tosses then 30 4 to 6 at 30 then into 1st race 3 tosses mid week every week 25 to 30 miles till end of season but they must be ranging for up to 2 hours a day for two weeks before i start training

Ranging Walter the word does not exist down here more like sitting looking at the sky terrified .

Michael is quite right even training is fraught with danger, I am always envious when I go to other places and see young pigeons ranging the sky.I am very sad to say it but in this area the peregrines have won, I have seen the whole Lanarkshire convoy split and dispersed by on falcon

Michael is quite right even training is fraught with danger, I am always envious when I go to other places and see young pigeons ranging the sky.I am very sad to say it but in this area the peregrines have won, I have seen the whole Lanarkshire convoy split and dispersed by on falcon

i agree walter but we must help our selves m8 dont want to say to much on this subject so ill leave it at self help is the only help we are going to get guys

Guest chad3646

mick surely you guys can get together and lock some birds out all day thats what id be doing m8 same with anyone having bother like that work together its got to help

but that would mean the hawks would get them walter lol

Guest chad3646

I start my yb at 30 mil but they need to be flying about the house for 2/3 hour before I take them up

big cal are you in a housing scheme if so that is some doing 2to3, hours, when we had them in the scheme we could hardly get half an hour hence we had to train a lot

big cal are you in a housing scheme if so that is some doing 2to3, hours, when we had them in the scheme we could hardly get half an hour hence we had to train a lot

the big mans doos will fly 2 or 3 hrs at a time every day no probs great to watch them excersise with vigour :emoticon-0167-beer:

Ranging Walter the word does not exist down here more like sitting looking at the sky terrified .

mines would still go ranging ok but often a good lot dont come back and can be scattered over days with percy but for some reason it dosent stop them ranging again , i hate it when they range along the hills wish they would just fly round the loft for a few hours to be honest .

mines would still go ranging ok but often a good lot dont come back and can be scattered over days with percy but for some reason it dosent stop them ranging again , i hate it when they range along the hills wish they would just fly round the loft for a few hours to be honest .

no dout location is a lot to do with it rab how often you get hit mines get hit to but not as bad as you guys

Guest big50cal

Yes I live in a scheme I just do not fu... About with they are soldiers to me