Help with bird identification

catch that pigeon

could be any breed are they racers , the colour of the darker one is a grizzle , other looks to have a bit of yellow on it so maybe a yellow grizzle , are they rung ?

could be any breed are they racers , the colour of the darker one is a grizzle , other looks to have a bit of yellow on it so maybe a yellow grizzle , are they rung ?

Thanks for that  8)

They are racers but they arent rung, is that a problem  ??) I dont intend to race them  :-/  Id like to possibly in the future but im a complete novice  :B

Im not too sure exactly what my birds are, so here is a picture of them the 1st day I got them. Their shed is more accomodating for them now but not sure its 100% so any advice/critisism welcome as I want to care for them the best I can  8)

Thank you  8)

just a thought nice clean loft but i carnt see and perches or nest boxes have ya got some or are they just out of view :)

Im not too sure exactly what my birds are, so here is a picture of them the 1st day I got them. Their shed is more accomodating for them now but not sure its 100% so any advice/critisism welcome as I want to care for them the best I can  8)

Thank you  8)

just a thought nice clean loft but i carnt see and perches or nest boxes have ya got some or are they just out of view :)

This was the day I brought them home, I didnt know they were coming so wasnt 100% prepared, I qickly got sparrs fitted but no nesting boxes. The were ever so friendly and would come and greet me when I went in and werent scared. They have not returned and dont think they will now  :(

afraid to say its a part of keeping pigeons but keep the chin up  cause they can give so much joy as well  

they look like racers, but the biggest problem that prob caused the losses is that they appear to be quite strong and with no apparent windows or a flight they won't have been able to see there surroundings.

Before you get any more you need to put more ventilation in the shed and some sort of flight etc on the outside of the shed to allow the birds to look around in.

When you get some more try at get them when they are 21/24 days old as they will settle easier than older birds.

Phil

Hi

Well they never returned, quite fancy getting some tumblers, but before I get any form of bird im gonna make sure everything is in place.

They did have ventilation and they had sparrs at their window. I didnt however poss keep them hungry enough and I didnt have a platform in place at the window. My intention is to take out the shed window and put a caged platform (not sure of the name for it. The shed was cleaned out every 2 days and fresh water was given 3 times a day, their food bowls were washed every day and topped up, cant think why they left tbh,id have been quite happy living in there being cared for  ;D ;D

Guest chrisss

it looks to me like they were too strong and had little chance of checking out their local area, once they go up they go barmy ,and before they know they are outside their area, in saying all of that [like i am a expert!!!]they still might make it home, i have had birds that have made it back as young birds after a month or so, and as i have learned, never underestimate pigeons