Pigeon Chat

OLDYELLOW

SATURDAY:

The Pigeon Chat Forum today whilst exibiting all is now fixed, it is not.

There is still a 'Cloud protection' virus on the server and do not ignor any warning your virus checker flags up. Should this virus get past your virus checker, you may be presented with a screen offering to clean up the 'Cloud' issue for you, do NOT click on that link.

would it not be better to keep it off until fixed, hope they get back to the good soon,

Meridklt, would you make any recommendations to members that got a warning from their anti virus software.

Or are we safe enough with scanning our pc, after updating the antivirus/malware software???

As long as you did not ignor the Virus/Trojan warning then you will be OK.

As most virus checkers do give an option to ignor the warning and you did continue to use the web site, you need to perform a deep scan. The Trojan.JS.Blacole has so many variants (you possibly noticed the Trojan name changing over a couple of days) it can be difficult to fully remove and if not fully removed will sleep awaiting you to perform a particular designated task.

The thing to look out for over the course of a few weeks is your computer/laptop will start running very slow and eventually stop altogether.

At the time of penning this responce, the 'Cloud protection' virus is still running on their server (this is not a Trojan.JS.Blacole virus) and 99% of the time your there, your safe to do so and the virus checker is not going to report it because your not going to the directory folder where it is located.

remember once been told to rid those viruses was to knock of you system restore for a couple of days, is this right,

No Fifer as any well written Virus/Trojan will attack the Restore file structure and Registry before implementing the virus.

Guest pigeongirl

Thanks for the advice Meridkit. Have since done a full scan and remove the virus/Trojan. My computer now seems back up to speed.

THANK YOU

Thanks you to Pigeon Basics for allowing this post to continue, I would be happy to reciprocate should you need any messages relaying to your members in the future.

The site was hacked but we are unsure of its source, it has been deep cleaned and is now reporting back as virus free following the exploit blackhole virus, however I

will check with the server regarding the cloud issue, thank you.

Meridklt I don't have any record of you being banned from Pigeon Chat and also have no knowledge of any emails requesting an account re-activation, I

personally answer all emails and would be happy to look into this for you if you would like to email me at jeanette@oasislofts.freeserve.co.uk

Thanks again Basics for your assistance, it is appreciated.

Thanks you to Pigeon Basics for allowing this post to continue, I would be happy to reciprocate should you need any messages relaying to your members in the future.

The site was hacked but we are unsure of its source, it has been deep cleaned and is now reporting back as virus free following the exploit blackhole virus, however I

will check with the server regarding the cloud issue, thank you.

Meridklt I don't have any record of you being banned from Pigeon Chat and also have no knowledge of any emails requesting an account re-activation, I

personally answer all emails and would be happy to look into this for you if you would like to email me at jeanette@oasislofts.freeserve.co.uk

Thanks again Basics for your assistance, it is appreciated.

no problem, any time, chat and basics have always been good neighbors http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0136-giggle.gif, hope you get fixed soon,