Pigeon Chat

OLDYELLOW

Getting message =

Detection name : Exploit Blackhole Kit (type 2601 )

Description : WWW.pigeon-chat.com/search.php?search_id=newposts

Severity: High

State: Secured

Source: Online Sheild

Date: 10/04/2013,22:53:36

Extended element information

Port: 80

Threat has been successfully removed

Anyone else having problems with chat ????

Guest kdweb

Your virus checker should report they have been infected with the Trojan.JS.BlacoleRef.AQ and it would be silly to igor that warning and I'm sure in due course they will take the required action their phpBB software suggest. But it does involve quite a lot of database backing up and re-installing.

Guest VINNIE

pigeon chat has been hacked jt told me got it running earlier but it came back wonder who would do such a thing she has advised members to run a scan and change passwords once it up and running on both chat and auction site it was the auction site that was hacked atb vinnie

.... it was the auction site that was hacked atb vinnie

I run 1 public and 4 private Internet auction sites which run the same PhpProbid auction software as Pigeon Chat and very much doubt the auction site was hacked. On the extremely rare occasions when access to the PhpProbid auction software has been breeched, the hackers have always caused havoc on the auction site itself the day they gain entry. Plus there is no correlation between their PhpProbid and PhpBB chat board software because they would have to have access to the server itself to migrate from one to the other.

Mind you, if they did do the deed from there (which I doubt), they can easily come back again as they would now have access to the Pigeon Chat PhpProbid auction administration side because it is not secure due to having no first line of defence (I have just been to their sign in Admin Area).

I also run private and public PhpBB chat boards and the general advice from PhpBB when attacked with the JS:Trojan.JS.Iframe variant is to back up all databases from the server end and reinstall the software. A long and tedious task to put all design work back again, but well worth the trouble to rid oneself of this pesky Trojan.

I would offer to relate my experiences in using both sofware packages direct to JT, but I have been banned from Pigeon Chat since my young grandson managed to unsubscibe me, and I have never received the courtesy of a reply to four email requests asking why I'm banned.

I run 1 public and 4 private Internet auction sites which run the same PhpProbid auction software as Pigeon Chat and very much doubt the auction site was hacked. On the extremely rare occasions when access to the PhpProbid auction software has been breeched, the hackers have always caused havoc on the auction site itself the day they gain entry. Plus there is no correlation between their PhpProbid and PhpBB chat board software because they would have to have access to the server itself to migrate from one to the other.

Mind you, if they did do the deed from there (which I doubt), they can easily come back again as they would now have access to the Pigeon Chat PhpProbid auction administration side because it is not secure due to having no first line of defence (I have just been to their sign in Admin Area).

I also run private and public PhpBB chat boards and the general advice from PhpBB when attacked with the JS:Trojan.JS.Iframe variant is to back up all databases from the server end and reinstall the software. A long and tedious task to put all design work back again, but well worth the trouble to rid oneself of this pesky Trojan.

I would offer to relate my experiences in using both sofware packages direct to JT, but I have been banned from Pigeon Chat since my young grandson managed to unsubscibe me, and I have never received the courtesy of a reply to four email requests asking why I'm banned.

good post, you say you have been banned from chat, in fairness have you been active on it, as some sites delete accounts after so long, as I see on basics you joined in 07 but only 7 posts, but welcome back ,

good post, you say you have been banned from chat, in fairness have you been active on it, as some sites delete accounts after so long, as I see on basics you joined in 07 but only 7 posts, but welcome back ,

Hello Fifer,

I have never actually left your Board, but thanks for the 'Welcome back'.

Pigeon Chat did not initially ban me, it was my grandson that originally closed my membership and without success I was unable to re-register. I then sent one email requesting assistance to re-register and received no reply, this was followed over a period of time by three further emails asking if I was banned for some reason, and again no replies. Obviously, running this Board your aware I could have obtained registration by unscrupulous means if I had wanted to.

You question if I was active, well probably more than here. I would guess even my 7 posts here are substancially more than the vast majority here who prefer to read and make no posts, which in my experience is the norm for all the Boards I administer for my clients and long may it continue, as no one should be subjected to banning because they choose not to post. I administer for a client one world wide company Private Board with a membership in excess of 15,000 and because of bulk email marketing, preening is required now and again. But all are contacted asking them to simply reply if they wish to retain membership.

Your to be congratulated Fifer on a clean, no nonsense layout of Pigeonbasics.

Hello Fifer,

I have never actually left your Board, but thanks for the 'Welcome back'.

Pigeon Chat did not initially ban me, it was my grandson that originally closed my membership and without success I was unable to re-register. I then sent one email requesting assistance to re-register and received no reply, this was followed over a period of time by three further emails asking if I was banned for some reason, and again no replies. Obviously, running this Board your aware I could have obtained registration by unscrupulous means if I had wanted to.

You question if I was active, well probably more than here. I would guess even my 7 posts here are substancially more than the vast majority here who prefer to read and make no posts, which in my experience is the norm for all the Boards I administer for my clients and long may it continue, as no one should be subjected to banning because they choose not to post. I administer for a client one world wide company Private Board with a membership in excess of 15,000 and because of bulk email marketing, preening is required now and again. But all are contacted asking them to simply reply if they wish to retain membership.

Your to be congratulated Fifer on a clean, no nonsense layout of Pigeonbasics.

yes agree m8, look at the replies and views. the latter away in front, as u say lots just like to look around, thats ok with me they are active and on site,

Guest VINNIE

hi i was only relaying what my brother read on chat the first time it was up and running which was posted by jt i am sure things will be sorted out soon always like to see whats going on with the sites i am a member of still your post is a very good read atb vinnie

SATURDAY:

The Pigeon Chat Forum today whilst exibiting all is now fixed, it is not.

There is still a 'Cloud protection' virus on the server and do not ignor any warning your virus checker flags up. Should this virus get past your virus checker, you may be presented with a screen offering to clean up the 'Cloud' issue for you, do NOT click on that link.

I'm sure the people working on the problem for JT are aware of this and it is quite a simple fix to remove from their server.