Widowhoods

Ryno

Morning all its my first season racing old birds and im just wondering what everyone thinks about training widowhood cocks everyday? And how far would you race them this year any info would be brill! Cheers for reading

ATB Ryno

Guest The Newbie

After they have had there 1st race they shouldnt need to go they should fly well enough around the loft but we will give them a toss if they start to get lazy just to keep them on there toes.

Last season we only had yearlings we sent our cocks to the coast 223miles but some send them further everyone to there own its your choice how far you want to send them.

Morning all its my first season racing old birds and im just wondering what everyone thinks about training widowhood cocks everyday? And how far would you race them this year any info would be brill! Cheers for reading

ATB Ryno

sure you will get many different answers , myself they will only be trained once or twice at 10 mile ,but must excercise well at home , am and pm . how far ?? if they are constant at the shorter races , save them for next season , constantly late or even next day , send them all the way ,good luck.

I don't train my widowers after the 1st race unless I feel they need it. Try to make sure someone is there to call them in when they get back as you don't want them hanging about. The straight line distance from your home to work what a bonus for young bird training. Best of luck for the season.