Angus, Dundee And Fife.

alex wight

Yesterday at Ripon, Angus, Dundee and Fife federations liberated together at 1145am into a north west wind.

Fife appears to have had a good race with good returns, how have Angus and Dundee got on?

Our best velocity so far is D. Baldie & Son on 1331.

It would have been nice to have all the birds 1300approx (700 fife and 600 angus and dundee), on the fife lorry, which would have saved a few bob.

The way forward is to have our 3 feds joint convoying, and i think yesterday was a huge step in the right direction.

Can we or should we arrange for joint convoying for next weeks race?

Yes its an open race for Fife, but it would be the same as this week, a good convoy with a good race.

Please feel free to leave comments (sensible), and think for the benefit of the pigeons, feds and members. If we the committee feel that this is a goer for next week, we will do all we can to make it work for all our feds benefit.

kind regards alex wight (having spoken to john mccord).

Guest Hey Presto

Yesterday at Ripon, Angus, Dundee and Fife federations liberated together at 1145am into a north west wind.

Fife appears to have had a good race with good returns, how have Angus and Dundee got on?

Our best velocity so far is D. Baldie & Son on 1331.

It would have been nice to have all the birds 1300approx (700 fife and 600 angus and dundee), on the fife lorry, which would have saved a few bob.

The way forward is to have our 3 feds joint convoying, and i think yesterday was a huge step in the right direction.

Can we or should we arrange for joint convoying for next weeks race?

Yes its an open race for Fife, but it would be the same as this week, a good convoy with a good race.

Please feel free to leave comments (sensible), and think for the benefit of the pigeons, feds and members. If we the committee feel that this is a goer for next week, we will do all we can to make it work for all our feds benefit.

kind regards alex wight (having spoken to john mccord).

very very good idea alex i think that is the way forward

What would be the obstacles, with it being an open Brian? What would be the thoughts?

Not knocking the feedback, just looking for the thoughts, cheers eck.

if it was an amalg with the 3 feds yes, but an open fed race with young birds we should liberate on our own. if we dont who doesnt win will say the birds were dragged up the east. old birds shouldnt make a difference. i know i sound negative but im all for joint convoying.

if it was an amalg with the 3 feds yes, but an open fed race with young birds we should liberate on our own. if we dont who doesnt win will say the birds were dragged up the east. old birds shouldnt make a difference. i know i sound negative but im all for joint convoying.

not negative at all, i just want to hear everyone's views, as i said in my last post if we dont listen to all views then it will hit us later. Cheers Brian, its another area to look at. By doing what we done yesterday, would that not help any?

members in my club were all for it too, no moans at all? In the west i think we are all resigned to the fact that we will be know where in the fed 9 times out of 10. So concentrate on club racing and section racing. so it wouldnt really effect the west in any way shape or form? my opinion is that by this time in the season the birds should know how to break and where and what to do once in the area.

Personally i think its a good idea for all races, Yb's will be more or less in their home vicinity even when over shooting their loft and it would be easy enough for them to make their loft when they realise their mistake.

There will of course be loses but i doubt VERY much joint convoying would be responsible for any more losses than you's would normally experience. JMO, even though i'm no fae up your way.

Personally i think its a good idea for all races, Yb's will be more or less in their home vicinity even when over shooting their loft and it would be easy enough for them to make their loft when they realise their mistake.

There will of course be loses but i doubt VERY much joint convoying would be responsible for any more losses than you's would normally experience. JMO, even though i'm no fae up your way.

thank you for your comments john, its much appreciated to see what others think, especially not being part of it. It may just wake some people up, who are caught in the dark ages, that this idea not only makes sense to those affected, but also outsiders back it too. Thanks again, alex.

Fanciers should remember these are young birds and the future of there lofts so any help they can be given should be taken with open arms a joint convoy all going in the same direction is a big help to the birds

well said be good if all feds done this when the chance of doing so comes up.LIKE NEWARK NEXT WEEK FOR PENTLAND AND MIDLOTHIAN FEDS.

I agree with the joint liberation as then they are all up at the same time, were all on the same road home just different areas and there may be losses but hey its all down to the pigeon on the day if it breaks of for home or not, we can always blame other feds as i have heard the stories of feds clashing and birds getting lost but we all have to agree were all in it together.

I think this has to be the way forward, ive never understood 2 or 3 Feds transporting to a racepoint when 1 Fed could do it. It makes financial sense in this day and age. Although it wont help me being the furthest flying member to the west in the Fife Fed, im looking at the bigger picture and its definately the way forward! So im all for it.

I think this has to be the way forward, ive never understood 2 or 3 Feds transporting to a racepoint when 1 Fed could do it. It makes financial sense in this day and age. Although it wont help me being the furthest flying member to the west in the Fife Fed, im looking at the bigger picture and its definately the way forward! So im all for it.

Frank you are a true gentleman who has shown he cares for the birds and fed before himself. I take my hat off to you sir, i wish the rest of the doubters can be in the same frame of mind as you mucker. well done and thank you

thanks to you too gulkie

regards alex.